Video of my 2000cs auto-x-ing in the rain

Malc

Reaction score
Absolute Hoot :p
Well done 8)
In the Uk what you did seems to be a cross between Autotest, where you have to do a load of manuovers around cones and Autocrossing which is a track on a field - read dirt track, no more than 2000 metres long

I think it is wonderfu that folk are willing to thrash the n*ts off a classic car to have fun rather than it sitting on a trailer, just my opinion I hasten to add :)

Great
Malc

keefer

Reaction score
I have

Took my 3.0cs, since sold, out last year to the San Diego autocross. IT's usuall about a 1 mile track set-up at Qualcomm Stadium. I had never driven a coupe that hard and I can say first hand that despite the bars, bilstiens, tires, etc. They are a challenge and very light inthe ass. First turn I took had me spinning as I came in way too fast. Other than that I had a great time

[Broken External Image]:http://images17.fotki.com/v326/fileAUSi/6911b/6/687144/2525259/course_10.jpg

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Norm, thanks for sharing, it was "really" nice to see the old De Anza parking lot, oh...and your coupe also -smile-

norm

Reaction score
I am glad you enjoyed the video. Having a save environment to test the limits of my car under such wet conditions has help a lot. You're right, the ass end is very light.

Norm

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
Here's a shot of Norm's car at the recent Snowball rally.

DSC_0201.jpg

gwittman

Reaction score
I have autocrossed my 2800 CS a couple times as well as run track such as Riverside and Laguna Seca. Having also owned a 2000 CS, I can say that the 2000 CS (lighter front end, 4 cylinder) is a better choice for an autocross course but the six cylinder version does better on the big road courses.

Looks like you were having fun. Thanks for sharing.

gwittman

Reaction score
I have autocrossed my 2800 CS a couple times as well as run track such as Riverside and Laguna Seca. Having also owned a 2000 CS, I can say that the 2000 CS (lighter front end, 4 cylinder) is a better choice for an autocross course but the six cylinder version does better on the big road courses.

Looks like you were having fun. Thanks for sharing.