Vasek Polak

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Paul Cain and I met Vasek Polak Jr today, wish we had more time as he has lots of stories to tell. My first BMW, a 74 2002 was bought at his fathers dealership.

56004BF0-BBC2-43D4-B39F-1CD82E436F11.jpeg

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Great photo...Wow, good for you lucky guys.! I always wanted one of their dealership licence tag frames from my late teens for my 2002...some great racing history...

tochi

Reaction score
Paul Cain and I met Vasek Polak Jr today, wish we had more time as he has lots of stories to tell. My first BMW, a 74 2002 was bought at his fathers dealership.

View attachment 87434

;)
vasek.jpg

e75c81ba-8f25-4232-ad54-8c7c9f17e6e8.jpg

Noticed the following images here >> http://www.gunnarracing.com/Misc/Vasek Polak-blast from the past/VasekPolak.html No info regarding these parts other than what appears in the ads.

VasekPolak Racing.jpg

http://www.gunnarracing.com/Misc/Vasek Polak-blast from the past/VasekPolak.html http://www.gunnarracing.com/index.htm

"prices subject to change without notice" o_O
VasekPolak Racing s.jpg

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hans Adam was Vasek’s BMW service manager who also worked on his Porsche race cars. I had my 2002 there for service and he lent me an 1800 NK sedan as a loaner. It must have been an early NK as the clutch went to the floor, wouldn’t return and had me stranded on Coast Highway. I called from a pay phone and he told me in no uncertain turns to just reach down and pull it back up! Vasek’s showroom had race cars and even an Isetta. It was diagonally across the street from where he started in the late 50s with his Porsche dealership at 356 S. Coast Highway, how appropriate.

jjs2800cs

Reaction score
In the early 1980's I was working in So. Ca. (At San Onofre in San Clemente) for a year or so. While there I bought a pristine 1972 Bavaria to drive around. I really wanted an E9 ( have one now), but the E3 was rust free, 4sp, air, and sun roof, and was budget friendly. So I visited the dealership several times for some parts.

On one visit i asked about how to get a copy of the parts manual. The parts man behind the counter said they were in the process of switching from the micro-fiche to a computer system. Remember when you would go to a dealer and they would look up the parts on a larger reader. Well, he said they were about to throw out several copies of film for the E9 and E3., and said I could have one. So I of course took it and used it for many years after I purchased a reader which I still have. Unfortunately
my reader cannot print and with the advent of RealOem, the use of the film of not as practical. BUT there are times when the film will find items not otherwise noted on RealOem.

Bottom line, the dealership was a great place to visit with several neat cars always in the showroom an of course some very very nice people.

Wish I had kept the Bavaria!!!

jjs2800cs