Updating My Collection

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
With the recent sale of the Chevron B16 there was a spot open in my garage. To fill that spot I wanted something a bit more modern. I have been looking for an ex-DTM M3, but they have now gotten crazy expensive and hard to find.

So I decided to look elsewhere and recently purchased the ex-Anthony Reid JTCC E30 M3. The car was the runner-up in 1993 in the championship.

It has been living in Australia that last few years racing in their Group A series. Its a full on Motorsports car updated to full EVO3 specs.

The car is on its way to the NW and should arrive in early February. Pretty excited about it and look forward to many fast and fun laps in this coming summer. Stay tuned for updates as the car arrives.

IMG_7835.jpg
IMG_7837.jpg
IMG_7841.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
well bought, this should be a total blast to drive. the stock one was fun on a track ... an improved one is even better ... but a full on Motorsports car. WOW ...
enjoy. you should join up with the e30 m3 SIG. there are a few guys on that board with some significant racing experience with the REAL ///M3

flarimer

Reaction score
Great to see this one joining your stable! Look forward to seeing you drive this (hopefully) at 2018's Monterey Historics.

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Just a quick update on the M3.

The ship carrying it is due to arrive in Seattle on Feb. 2. It takes a few days to unload and clear Customs so we should be able to pick it up sometime next week.

In the meantime, I received a great collection of information, pictures, history, log book, etc. from the previous owner. The car ran in the JTCC from late 1988 through 1993. Armed with that information, and the fact that the car ran a unique set of 3 piece wheels and never had its Motorsports grey interior repainted throughout its JTCC career, I went looking and found these period pictures.

From 1989:

M3 1989JTCC.jpeg

And from 1991:

M3 1991JTCC.jpg

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Great looking car, should be heaps of fun.... make sure it doesn’t come with any uninvited guests though, I’m thinking funnel web spider ( the deadliest spider in the world ) or an eastern Tiapan ( deadliest snake in the world ), no half measures down under

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Great looking car, should be heaps of fun.... make sure it doesn’t come with any uninvited guests though, I’m thinking funnel web spider ( the deadliest spider in the world ) or an eastern Tiapan ( deadliest snake in the world ), no half measures down under

Boy that’s a pleasant thought. Open the container and out jumps (slithers or crawls) a deadly critter.