UPDATE: old CS Registry newsletters

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The scanning process of the old CS Register newsletters is complete. All that is left to do is check for scan errors, organize them by volume and date and compress them for downloading. It's quite a fascinating trip through time. Dang and I will be figuring out the best way to organize them for viewing and will have a link up in the near future. Meanwhile, here is Volume 1, Issue 1 from 1981.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...IxOTMtNTBmMzIwOGQzNDM1&hl=en&authkey=COShxZsJ

Last edited:

61porsche

Reaction score
Very cool. I like the ads! Ferrari-$22.5k!

Is there any way to know if any of the vendors/ members are still with us? For instance the member who was making the firewall insulation or a source for material....

Thanks for all the effort.. it's much appreciated.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think some of the long time members here and from the Registry would be able to tell you that info as they read though it or if you cite a specific person/vendor, it was a very small community back then.

All the member applications are also in the records (but not scanned-yet), I found mine from 1985 - kinda cool to see it again. If you want you can PM me your VIN and I will look through to see if there is anything on your car if you don't know all or part of it's history - maybe there's something there. I found a hand-written letter to Charlie Richardson from the prior owner of my car looking for a part-a nice keepsake.

Is there any way to know if any of the vendors/ members are still with us? For instance the member who was making the firewall insulation or a source for material....

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score

Thanks for all the effort.. it's much appreciated.
The insulation offered was not for the firewall, but for the underside of the hood. It was not like the original. It was foil-faced.