under dash panels

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to some pictures and information about re-installing the driver side under dash panels, fuse box door and glove compartment?

The clips/brackets currently attached to the panels are bent and very loosely attached by pop rivets and don't give many clues about their correct placement and orientation.

The fuse panel door is so corroded that I'm unsure if it was screwed, hinged or riveted.

Couldn't find much of anything in the archives or in the online repair manual, so if anyone can point me (or send me ) pictures it would be much appreciated.

61porsche

Reaction score
Both the fuse panel and the glove box have a sheetmetal piano hinge, That hinge is attached to each part by pop rivets, so if any are loose fix that first. If beyond repair, your local hardware store should be able to fix you up, but you'll have to redrill holes from the old part.

The hinge gets corroded or stuck since it appears to be only cad/ zinc plated. W-D40, PB, etc. first and get it all moving. Sometimes it take a while. Be gentle, but persistant.

Where these attach are to a bracket on the body; each with three large sheetmetal screws with a 10mm head. They are located at or near the top of the carpet and horizontal so the screws don't show. A 1/4" ratchet or nut drivers work best. Don't drop any behind the carpet. I use a scratch awl to line up the holes, but a long nail would do the trick as well.

Last edited: