Ultimate wagon ?

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
My first car was an a 1961 Austin Mini Countryman, a wagon with the wood trim. Throughout the years I have owned Mercedes wagons, Subaru wagons, a favourite was my BMW E39 Touring wagon. But I have just stumbled upon this. 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham, Twin turbocharged, 16 years in the reconstruction, and finally offered for sale at auction, next month by Mecum :

Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 6.51.40 PM.png

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My first car was an a 1961 Austin Mini Countryman, a wagon with the wood trim. Throughout the years I have owned Mercedes wagons, Subaru wagons, a favourite was my BMW E39 Touring wagon. But I have just stumbled upon this. 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham, Twin turbocharged, 16 years in the reconstruction, and finally offered for sale at auction, next month by Mecum :

View attachment 161464
That took a little vision!

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This being said, the ultimate wagon has to be the elusive e46 M3 Touring.
Although, if you order it in a dark color so the beaver teeth are not so obnoxious, I hear lots of good things about the brand new (and finally officially released) M3 Touring.

Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
We've had three e39 wagons, a sports car with a backpack. I just love them. My favorite was our first; great color combo, sports package (including seats), and a five speed manual. We bought it when it was two years old - my wife's daily for a few years. She looked so damn good driving that car!

jmackro

Reaction score