UK auction with 3 x e9’s

Boobouna

Reaction score
Hi all,
A few e9’s up for auction here but I’m interested in the 2800 link below. Has anyone inspected the car? I would like to bid but have doubts in doing so sight unseen. Auction is tomorrow night. Was hoping someone has seen it and can give a report back on what they saw.

day66

Reaction score
Spotted those too, and agree that the 2800 looks the best of the bunch, though I haven't seen it in the metal.

I did buy my CSi on the basis of photos on an auction site, and while I had a nervous few weeks waiting to actually see it, I did pretty well!

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
I bought my coupe about 10 years ago without seeing it in person. I did check it out in restoration photos and by talking to several people who had seen the car. I was ecstatic when it arrived. Mine is Polaris, but I much prefer more dramatic colors like red. Good luck.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Were the early 2800CS coupes imported to the UK LHD converted to RHD and if so when did it change to RHD from the factory?

taffe9

Reaction score
Hmmm, a 50 year old E9 which has spent many years on the roads of West Glamorgan, Wales, 40” rain & salt every year. I’m surprised it has survived. Of course it could be worse, it could have been kept near the coast.Plan for the worst & hope for the best!
Good luck.

Boobouna

Reaction score
Hmmm, a 50 year old E9 which has spent many years on the roads of West Glamorgan, Wales, 40” rain & salt every year. I’m surprised it has survived. Of course it could be worse, it could have been kept near the coast.Plan for the worst & hope for the best!
Good luck.
Hahahahah now I’m scared

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
£12.5k, not so, much in my view.
Would be keen to know who bought it and what it is really like.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
CSA hammer price was 25k plus auction house commission on top ...
this pushes prices of the other E9 models north !!!

taffe9

Reaction score
Yep, strong money for a CSA. Start of an interesting journey for the other cars, would be nice to see the results in the future. £30k over a couple of years for each car?

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi all,
A few e9’s up for auction here but I’m interested in the 2800 link below. Has anyone inspected the car? I would like to bid but have doubts in doing so sight unseen. Auction is tomorrow night. Was hoping someone has seen it and can give a report back on what they saw.

This car is now for sale on eBay for 15,995

dealer/seller is trying to flip it for a quick 3k plus profit...after giving it a quick £5 car wash lol

Last edited: