triple weber 45

giannicsl

Reaction score
hello guys,,

I need your advice ...

I have to install the system on my 3000 BMW to Weber carburetors instead of the current d-Jetronic fuel injection ....

I bought the kit to mount the collectors and I also bought 3 Weber carburetors Weber 45 DCOE 152 ....

Now what else should I buy or replace?

also know what kind of adjustments I have to take to road use?

everything is new and it cost me a lot ...

thanks so much for your help

texcarguy

Reaction score
triple webers

I found I had to block off the vacuum port to the distributor... the Webers can't provide the proper vacuum. Doesn't seem to affect performance at all.

You'll also find problems with clearance to fit an air cleaner on the center carb due to the brake servo. Get the thinnest air cleaners you can.

Finally, I'd highly recommend springing for the most heavy duty linkage you can find. Mine is a bit flimsy, which makes it a bitch to get perfect synchronization among all 3 carbs.

You'll probably need a fuel pressure regulator. The Webers won't need more than aroun 3 PSI or so. Don't get one of those cheapy regulators. A Holley brand works great, costs just a few bucks more.

Finally, of course, make sure you have the correct jetting. There are lots of tables available on the internet to help you select the appropriate jets.

Hope this helps.