To restore or not to restore

3.0CSI-RHD

Site Donor
Reaction score
Greetings E9ers

I am the new care taker of 1973 RHD 3.0 CSI that I have been after for almost 5 years...

As per BMW classic the car is Baikal Blue originally. I will post some pictures soon.

Anybody here is from Montreal area and knows the car? It is possibly one of the rare RHD in Canada hence my questioning.

Car is on a cross roads (to restore on not to restore) and an expert opinion of a local connoisseur would be highly appreciated.

Thank you all

Last edited:

3.0CSI-RHD

Site Donor
Reaction score
VIN reported to @NiekN

How significant is a 3.0CSI RHD? I am asking because if restoration takes place in my possession I was seriously considering LHD conversion (if I can source all that is needed of course)..

Pictures to Follow

Ian C

Site Donor
Reaction score
You have one of 207 RHD cars built with perhaps a handful more not listed in BMW statistics. Depending on condition it would be desirable in the right market.

3.0CSI-RHD

Site Donor
Reaction score
So undoing what the factory has done wouldn't be such a heresy. All depending on how rare of course.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
So undoing what the factory has done wouldn't be such a heresy. All depending on how rare of course.

Only the " facelift" 435 vin series fell within the 207 produced so your "226" series is not one of those . Nevertheless, a matching numbers d-jet csi is very desirable. If you go down the conversion path, let me know as a friend ( forum member ) has most/all the parts you will need and may possibly look at doing a swap for some of your RHD parts depending on condition etc ( but that's up to him obviously)

Marc-M

Reaction score
Converting a RHD to a LHD will be fun - if you do - keep all the RHD stuff inclding the steel that you have to chop out of the dash support frame and see if you can sell it on the site.

I guess there may be someone in the UK wanting to convert a LHD to RHD as our cars rust to hell and the LHD bodys are more avalible.