Time to Sell Your House

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That's half of the headline over a Silodrome article. The whole head: Time to Sell Your House: The Steve McQueen Bullett Mustang is for Sale.

Well, your house better be at least 3,000 sq ft and located in the priciest neighborhood in Palo Alto for that baby.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I almost bought the M3 Sedan that Mel Blanc (Bugs Bunny) owned. It was an auto, so deal breaker

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that gives me great moments of pause ... an M3 with an automatic. why??? okay, i get the initial smg idea in the e46, that could be easily resolved by removing a few parts and adding a clutch to get back to a manual. but a true automatic???

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
that gives me great moments of pause ... an M3 with an automatic. why??? okay, i get the initial smg idea in the e46, that could be easily resolved by removing a few parts and adding a clutch to get back to a manual. but a true automatic???

One of my top cringe memories—asked why anyone would have an auto in a car. Guy next to me was owner. He pointed to his prosthetic leg. I still feel the same way, everything else being equal, but I’m terrified to ever say it out loud.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For a while you couldn't get an M car with an auto-when did they change that?
Steve, BMW probably started offering automatics when they realized half or more of their buyers either never learned to drive a stick or forgot how years ago. My son-in-law, a Philadelphia Police Officer in his late thirties can't drive a stick. One would think given their line of work it would be one of the minumum requirements.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the short answer, 20 years ago (or so) the meaning of 'M' changed from Motorsport to Marketing. the e30 m3 was the one m3 that was never available as an automatic.

i say this with tongue planted in cheek because now double clutch automatic gearboxes are amazing. for instance the porsche 911 turbo s is only available with the pdk. my 911s has a pdk and its an amazing tranny. for years i drove 18 miles each way to work and shifted an average of 50 times each way. for my daily driver 911 i got the pdk ... i was having left hip problems in my 6 speed cayman s

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
i must have had around 50 cars in my life so far.... and never a auto. Still don't want it .
My present daily 530d was the last manual at the factory....pitty.
So i can say i can't drive a auto . :)

Mmshul

Site Donor
Reaction score
the short answer, 20 years ago (or so) the meaning of 'M' changed from Motorsport to Marketing. the e30 m3 was the one m3 that was never available as an automatic.

i say this with tongue planted in cheek because now double clutch automatic gearboxes are amazing. for instance the porsche 911 turbo s is only available with the pdk. my 911s has a pdk and its an amazing tranny. for years i drove 18 miles each way to work and shifted an average of 50 times each way. for my daily driver 911 i got the pdk ... i was having left hip problems in my 6 speed cayman s
Had a 991 GT3 with PDK, I agree with you entirely. Enjoyed many laps on track days, at its level, I needed to keep both hands on the wheel...LOL..and oh those brakes..(-;

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Back to the original post regarding the McQueen Bullit Mustang.

No way I'd trade my house for a Ford Mustang.

Regarding automatic E36 M3s, seems majority of the 4 door sedans were automatics.

Our 2014 BMW X3 is our only automatic and our fastest BMW, the Dinan module gave it the edge over the 1997 M3 & 1988 M5.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK, so rumor has it that FOX rewarded Jim Morrison with a 67/68 Shelby after the making of LA Woman, he and his buddies hit a phone pole on the way to a bar in it and left it there and went for a drink. The car has not been seen since. Again, this is just what I heard- I wonder how much that car would go for?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK, so rumor has it that FOX rewarded Jim Morrison with a 67/68 Shelby after the making of LA Woman, he and his buddies hit a phone pole on the way to a bar in it and left it there and went for a drink. The car has not been seen since. Again, this is just what I heard- I wonder how much that car would go for?

Heard all that was left were the doors,

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score