This would be an interesting addition to an E9

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Agree - low estimate

But maybe they are just saying it has a low reserve, since at most auctions the reserve cannot be higher than the low estimate. I would be curious to see what it goes for.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Probably ..

Sometimes the house will underestimate to get more attendance. Could be happening here. IMHE RM is usually more sincere with their estimates and condition reports than the others.

Just a year or so an average Evo wouldn't pull more than 25GBP on the market. For some reason, they've really shot up. Of course, if you've driven one you can appreciate why. I would not hesitate to use one as a daily driver (I think Mario drives a souped up S14 everyday in the summer).

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
That is so tempting. The fact that it can't be imported into the US until at least late 2014 will rule out US bidders, maybe that will have a dampening effect on the final price.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just keep it in Europe and drive it

While there for things like TechnoClassic, Lemans Classic, etc.
Then bring it back when it's exempt or flip it for a fair price a few years down the road.
I've done this using a UK address and insurer without any hiccups.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's an interesting idea. Where do you actually keep the car over there?

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Several Options come to mind

there are specialized classic car storage facilities that will even drive your car monthly (on the grounds of the facility) so it's always ready for you. Figure $200/month. Or, you can do what Stan does, make friends around the world and keep your car with the ones that have really big garages on their estates. I've done both, and prefer the 2nd approach.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm sure its just because I buy cars all day long, but I always think it looks like the seller is hiding something when they show the rear seats instead of the front seat high wear areas. Not that it matters much in this case, but that's how my mind works...

Dan

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That is so tempting. The fact that it can't be imported into the US until at least late 2014 will rule out US bidders, maybe that will have a dampening effect on the final price.

not necessarily true. a guy imported one (legally) 1 1/2 years ago (he's on the e30 m3 SIG)... its just hard to be able to get one here to legally drive on the streets at the current time. i know of at least 2 in the usa. i do believe you can get them into canada.