The Silence of the Quandts

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score

English Subtitles are available

In my humble opinion worth to watch and gain own opinion.

1703891394108.png

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thank you Kris. I have started the series, watched the first video on youtube and will continue. Ah, I. G. Farben, Bayer, BMW, VW, there is hardly a German corporation that made it through the war without being poisoned by the Nazi regime. But the Fuerher paid well and whispered promises of a purified master race. Deutschland Uber Allws literally meant All!

The scene in the beer garden in "Cabaret" where Michael York, Lisa Minelli and a German industrialist are driving away is chilling. The adults and the teenagers are standing and singing "The Future Belongs to Us." Well, we know what some of their futures were and they were not pleasant.

But the Allies can't be smug about this evil machine. Ford Motor Company, GM, Kodak, Chase Morgan for starters. Bank of Canada and the US Federal Reserve helped the Nazis launder gold in Swiss accounts to "neutral" Portugal. And the beat goes on.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Correction: The title of the beer garden song is "Tomorrow Belongs to Me." The movie's title and my bad--memory title are pretty synonomous.

So why not watch the entire scene, and watch for Joel Grey who makes a chilling cameo.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
True... The list of companies involved in would be just too long to list them.

For the countries sold and left alone, closed behind iron curtain Stalin's wasn't any better. History showed Stalin's more "efficient" in spreading his "rules" - still being around us in some countries...

There were other topics which focused my attention.

It was interesting to learn about the history behind I was not aware like details why Quandt were not in the Nuremberg trial for example.

Also the point of view of the "Quandt's race driver". It was shocking how "new elites" grown on blood money whiten themselves.