The battery trays are now available from Alvaro

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wonderful, yay, at last no more rusted out butt ugly sheetmetal stuck in the engine bay.
Thank you!
IMG_2490.jpeg
IMG_2491.jpeg

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice. Don first told us about the right BMW batteries, then about the tray holding the battery. Next comes a full chassis holding the tray?

Great work!

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
From Batterymart.com

ProductPrice/Ea.QuantityTotal
Black Acid Neutralizing Mat - 12 x 8
Black Acid Neutralizing Mat - 12" x 8"
Item #: BATMAT-BLK
Quantity Discount: $30.00 in Savings!
$7.95
$4.95
10$79.50
$49.50
img_email_empty.gif

Shipping: Economy Shipping:$11.96
img_email_empty.gif

Sales Tax:$5.32
img_email_empty.gif

img_email_empty.gif

Total:$66.78

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh, yes I had forgot about the battery underwear. The mat turns acid leaked from the battery into Eau de Parfum perhaps.

Honolulu

Reaction score
"Modern" batteries (usually with the translucent white plastic case, but not always) aren't porous as the old black case (rubber?) batteries. As a kid, I lost a pair of jeans lugging a battery for my grandfather on my hip and dodging the dinosaurs that were common in the neighborhood. Jeans didn't rot away suddenly, but the next time theu jeans washed, it was clear where they were headed.

Here's a 12" x 8" battery mat for $12 on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Original-Battery-Mat-Protective-Black/dp/B098TRXXW1
But they don't ship to Hawaii.

Reactions: dp

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
"Modern" batteries (usually with the translucent white plastic case, but not always) aren't porous as the old black case (rubber?) batteries. As a kid, I lost a pair of jeans lugging a battery for my grandfather on my hip and dodging the dinosaurs that were common in the neighborhood. Jeans didn't rot away suddenly, but the next time theu jeans washed, it was clear where they were headed.

Here's a 12" x 8" battery mat for $12 on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Original-Battery-Mat-Protective-Black/dp/B098TRXXW1
But they don't ship to Hawaii.
Great story, some readers wonder about the fate of the neighborhood dinosaurs also...

Reactions: dp