techno classica 2014

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, please!

I am new here but I must comment;do I have to go to the Estonian vintage Opel site to get updates or any reference or interest to/in this huge happening? I guess I do. This is a huge show and it's going on now.

The lack of interest in these sensational cars cannot be blamed solely on the fact that the cowl areas can rust. I'll go to the Early 911 site. Maybe as someone profiles an inferior 2.2 carbed T there will be a CS in the background to look at.

Is this site only for picking on Craigslist cars? I think it is.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
"Is this site only for picking on Craigslist cars? I think it is."

This site is only as good as the members here who contribute with their knowledge and passion for all things e9.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is this site only for picking on Craigslist cars? I think it is.

well ... perhaps if the only thing you read is the "for Sale" forum. expand your horizons ... read some of deQuincey's articles on making things perfect ... with fantastic photographs ... all while maintaining impeccably clean hands.

ask a technical question about a problem you are facing ... and you will be amazed at the wealth of information you will receive from knowledgeable forum members.

take a trip to the Vintage and you will meet a bunch of coupe owner's with their coupes ... you can have a good german beer with them and get to know some of the people.

this group is so amazing ... the worst thing we do is pick on cars. we primarily do it when somebody is trying to rip off unsuspecting / potential coupe buyers.

Last edited:

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Points very well taken. I won't read any more classifieds. Thanks.

Gernstetter

Reaction score
Points very well taken. I won't read any more classifieds. Thanks.

Fact is most cars have problems....our cars tend to have serious problems to the untrained eye, or inspection....and most of the good cars are in our hands already...so what you see on Craig's List or Ebay is usually garbage that is flipped many times.....and you know what they say over here in Germany...BMW drivers are the most picky buyers of oldtimers....at least we have TUV....which inspects for rust better than anyone I have ever seen....they literally took mallets and banged all over the underside of my car looking for not only rust but any tender spots.....they were as gentle as Germans can be however....prices are going crazy here on oldtimers right now because the inspectors are really careful about rust, they are obsessed with rust....and will not grant a certificate to any car with any visible rust...period....and seriously, how many folks on this site have ever spent real money on anything from Craig's list?

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
"Is this site only for picking on Craigslist cars? I think it is."

This site is for picking on:
- Red interiors
- Non period radios
- Persian carpets
- Rust covered with black gunk
- Poor literature in ads
- Asian sourced OEM parts
- New rubber that no longer fits
- Two stage water paints
- Geographical and VIN obscurity
- Modern cars with no soul
- Scammers from flippers to Nigerian scams

We are the modern Diogenes of Sinope seeking and speaking truth.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned it's the best (and it has to be the largest by far) classic show in the world, especially if you have an affinity for the German marques.

Keep the pictures coming DQ!

Would like to make it to its Italian counterpart this year, the Auto e Moto d'Epoca in Padua in the fall.