Tail light seals

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, my coupe arrived home from Vintage Sports last week. I am about to start putting parts back on slowly. The easiest thing was the Euro fog lamp which attaches with 2 screws. So it is in.

I bought the grey tail light seals from W&N part 63 21 1 811 001 and now can replace the old stained dried out seals.

Question: has anyone replaced these seals? Do I just fiction fit them in or do they need to be glued with contact cement?

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
seals

I remember tearing apart an old set and there was some sort of "yellow glue" used.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And about the other seals

I noticed that the corresponding seals that are on the gray tail light bucket are also in poor shape but I don't see where W&N sell those. Any ideas? I looked at BMW Classic (Maximillian) but no luck. The tail light diagram does not even show the seals...

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I noticed that the corresponding seals that are on the gray tail light bucket are also in poor shape but I don't see where W&N sell those. Any ideas? I looked at BMW Classic (Maximillian) but no luck. The tail light diagram does not even show the seals...

in my case the "other"seals are in medium condition so i took them away, and cleaned them with water and soap, and dry before installing them again, I found no source for those, I assume that it will be difficult to use the same seals as the outer part of the taillamp because these ones are shaped with an internal channel that fix them in place

the question to the first post is yes, contact glue !

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Stan

Yep, the inner seals are NLA, whan I fitted mine I stuck a 3-5mm thick x 10mm wide self adhesive "Draugh stop foam" that you would use on the doors or windows of a house onto the car body it's self and then when the lights are all screwed up the inner body of the light seats nicly into this

Steve

Last edited: