Stealth 3rd Brake light

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have two lights available, first come first serve.

Thank you all for your interest in this 'stealth' low profile brake light solution.:D

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Andrew this is a great light. I installed mine today, I clipped the alligator clamps off and fed the wire through the vent hole just left of center where it is to be mounted, then out the next hole towards the window. From there I taped it to a thick piece of weed trimmer string (didn't want to risk the coat hanger poking through something) and fed it down the c-pillar to behind where the rear arm rest attaches (I removed the rear seat and arm rest for access):

photo%25202.JPG

Then I centered the light in order to adjust the slack but didn't stick it yet. Then I pressed the wire between the headliner and the black piece of vinyl (I later straightened it so you can't even see this):

photo%25201.JPG

Next I fed the wire into the trunk and hid it behind the left piece of wheel well grey plastic, then behind the side elephant skin, then back to the rear light housing. I tapped the red into the brake light connection and grounded the black to the housing.

Then I centered the light, took off the adhesive, and stuck it to the upper slanted piece of roof, up into and behind the lip of the headliner. TOTALLY invisible when looking from behind, but lights up nicely when on!

photo%25203.JPG

If you are thinking of a 3rd light (yes I was hesitant also) this is a great piece. Thanks for making these Andrew!

Antar

Site Donor $
Reaction score
D.C. (originally from Northern California)
3rd Break Light Installed

Thanks Andrew this is just what I was looking for. Makes me feel like I added a cool accessory to my old Coupe that cost a lot more than your kit. Easy install directions. Great Job!

Attachments

• bmw30cswithnew3rdbreaklight.jpg
    bmw30cswithnew3rdbreaklight.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
3rd light

Thanks again, Andrew for a great addition to the Polaris polecat. Very nice of you to help protect the rest of us from harm. You are one of the good guys.
Dave V. in NC

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Making more 3rd brake lights

Making more brake lights have 2 available. $35 each, includes shipping.

PM your real name and address.

Paypal to [email protected]

Thank you.

Attachments

• 3rd Brake Light 01.jpg
    3rd Brake Light 01.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 3rd Brake Light 02.jpg
    3rd Brake Light 02.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 3rd Brake Light 03.jpg
    3rd Brake Light 03.jpg