Spare tire Hold down nut assembly

Gary Waggoner

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can someone shoot a pic of a correct spare tire hold down nut piece? Not sure why I think that it's necessary for it to be original on my car, but what the heck

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can someone shoot a pic of a correct spare tire hold down nut piece? Not sure why I think that it's necessary for it to be original on my car, but what the heck

Gary,

Do you mean the whole post and stud, or do you just want to see the faster atop of the stud and wheel?

Marco 54

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Hi Gary

Don't buy one from BMW Classic. I have just bought one (36111106017) and it is not like the original.
The photo below shows the original on the left and the current BMW part on the right.

I bought the replacement from BMW out of laziness when I was buying other bits and pieces.
I will now have my old one re-plated. o_O

IMG_5675.JPG

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Perfect Keshav. Exactly what I was looking for. Turns out I had that part recoated months ago and forgot what it was for. Its hell getting older...
This is exactly what I fear. I plan to lean heavily on the forum to "remind me" where the parts go when I am putting the car back together. ;)

pickman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I re-did mine last summer it appears the nut is the same as the wheel nuts, The attached "L down" is technically correct except the Black Hold down Bracket should be flipped over, as I don't have a rubber spare and the wheel is new powder coat I did not want to damage the coating. The other photo is how the wheel Chalk is positioned. The forum was a great deal of help to me on this.

Attachments

• L down.jpg
    L down.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Layout.pdf
    99.7 KB · Views: 126

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That’s right Steve, just the bracket and nut and the jack should have a butterfly type nut