Sorry if repost; Oldenzahl CSi in NE

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Calif now uses independent vin verifiers as well as CHP, AAA can’t do it anymore. 68 and newer they want to see DOT/EPA compliance and a CSi doesn’t have that sticker. FMVSS is usually added to driver B pillar jamb when imported which is good. What CA wants isn’t clear and they can deny for no reason. If already registered in another state should be OK but the CSi from TX that a member bought is currently experiencing these issues.

posix

Reaction score
Calif now uses independent vin verifiers as well as CHP, AAA can’t do it anymore. 68 and newer they want to see DOT/EPA compliance and a CSi doesn’t have that sticker. FMVSS is usually added to driver B pillar jamb when imported which is good. What CA wants isn’t clear and they can deny for no reason. If already registered in another state should be OK but the CSi from TX that a member bought is currently experiencing these issues.
Much better explanation than mine. Wonder if that’s the same csi I was looking at :p

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Far more important than legality and orginality, is that a cup holder above the e-brake handle?

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
That is an original seatbelt latch made by Klippan.
1598979856590.png

posix

Reaction score
dang i wish that was a cup holder..... dont have cup holders in any of my cars. maybe need to make one ;)

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

That’s why I won’t do the e-brake fix. There’s enough slop to hold a Big Gulp quite nicely!

Brlazar

Reaction score
73 CSI 4 spd, chamonix white, black leather, sunroof, a/c , all original. Was parked approx 23 yrs ago and covered up and left sitting since. I'm ready to start a refurbishment or entertaining selling. Car was near mint when parked. slight bubbling above drivers rocker panel and black rocker itself showing some rust. trunk lid edge bubbled but very minor. lots of rust proofing in engine bay, not pretty but no rust!, full toolkit, Interior- black leather, drivers seat, headliner need attention. csl sway bar was added by Bavarian Specialties in King of Prussia Pa when engine was rebuilt , brakes redone, a/c redone and windows attended too just prior to car being parked. I have receipts , but its long time since that work was done....no more than 1000 mile put on it since that work was done. While car has sat, a bad thing for these coupes, It still seems like a refurbishment rather than restoration is all thats needed to bring it back to excellent condition. never hit, all orig, low rust from initial investigation. I know what she'll be worth when done, Have good idea what shes worth currently and open to entertain offers. Plan on taking on refurbishment in October/November unless I sell 1st.
Perfect "buy the best you can" candidate in my honest opinion. 100% intact, all trim, everything.....

Bruce Lazar