Some classics damaged by hurricane Ian

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
wow Dang ... those were pretty decent cars
Someone's collection that didn't get moved before the hurricane apparently. Not sure about the ACV amount for the 2002. Didn't check the VIN to see if it's a real turbo but even if it's not it's worth more than they stated. I'm wondering if Scott knows the owner.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
it looks like a real turbo. realoem, shows that its a factory turbo built in 2/74. i would think the ACV is for your basic 2002. not officially listed for bidding yet. the color shows beige, but that looks like chamonix

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
as i remember, Belgium had different plates ... i think they were even different for the coupe. the thing that looks the fishiest to me is the mph speedo (yes somebody could have changed it) the red panel instrument surround would be correct. here are some 2002 turbo vin plates. as i remember, the 2002 has a stamped VIN, just like the coupe on the firewall

1665605315737.png

1665605506981.png

1665605580162.png

1665605633821.png

1665605690573.png

1665605741200.png

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
or this jag xk 140
you may have a good point about maximizing a claim. Heacock sends its customers an email asking them to protect their cars and move them to safe territory. no idea if that can be used to keep from paying a claim or not.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Dan, what would you say about the water level stickers in terms of saving or not?
Depends on the car. If it's a classic it probably doesn't have many computers, or none at all, but I'd assume a complete tear down and rebuild with all new wiring at a minimum. Salt water is really bad on everything so the longer the cars sit while they figure out what to do with them the worse it is. We have customers that look for flood cars to rebuild. Lots of labor but usually not that bad on the parts ends of things.

Those cars would've been better off getting washed inside and out with fresh water before sitting at the auction. :)

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the water level sticker on the window of the 850 how would one know? Is that the true water level? Can't find one for the turbo.
It's random. I don't see water level marks very often.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
There’s a guy named Mike S (full name withheld) in Naples, and I think this may be his turbo 2002. Very nice guy. I’ll see if I can confirm.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
There’s a guy named Mike S (full name withheld) in Naples, and I think this may be his turbo 2002. Very nice guy. I’ll see if I can confirm.
This owner lived in old Naples near Cambier park—also has had an Exige, R8, new Vette, etc. Rock solid enthusiast.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The 2002 would be worth rebuilding.

Would have to be totally stripped and re-dipped in acid to get rid of the salt water contact

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my understanding is that Florida requires the title to be branded - salvage, flood or water damage title - if it was totaled by the insurance company. i looked up GA law on this and it can be revised to a 'REBUILT' title is it is completely redone and inspected by GA state inspectors. It also states that it must be rebuilt by a licensed rebuilder. this is obviously written for reconstruction of a collision damaged car.