***SOLD*** Stainless Racing Dynamics headers

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think these came off an e34 , so not sure if they'll fit an E9 without some mods. Possible they'll drop right in. Haven't test fitted

1 5/8" primaries

8XNHY8N.jpg IMG_6346_zpsuzjrwhvj.jpg

$400 plus shipping from Seattle

ahab

Site Donor
Reaction score
They may drop right in however they will not bolt to an M30 without modifying the header inlet flanges. The S38 head uses four bolts and the M30 two. Not sure if this is common knowledge but since the flanges aren’t shown I thought I’d point it out.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am sure Rob will clarify. But i the interim, the text above states that these came off an e34, not necessarily an M5. Which is to say, likely am M30B30 or M30B35 engine from an '87 to '92 530i or 535i. In that case the bolt patterns should fit perfectly. That's what the flanges look like in the pics above. As for clearance in in the engine bay, we'll soon learn from the buyer. :)

Rek

Reaction score
They look good. I think they protrude at a different angle to the E( pipes as was the case with the standard exhaust.

If you can't fit them, you could always drill holes and learn to play them. It sounds like they could belt out quite a tune.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
headers.JPG
I think these came off an e34

View attachment 43301 View attachment 43302

$400 plus shipping from Seattle

I think this is a great deal but there is potential for a motor mount conflict. I purchased a set of Alpina headers designed for an e34. I had do modify the motor mount to make it work. Not a bit ordeal but well worth the effort to make a beautiful set of equal length headers work on my coupe.

AF1QipO_pP6KJMZHB-zUyW_nWDlY0u1GtU4TrxcmQyX6

AF1QipO_pP6KJMZHB-zUyW_nWDlY0u1GtU4TrxcmQyX6.jpg

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
View attachment 43347

I think this is a great deal but there is potential for a motor mount conflict. I purchased a set of Alpina headers designed for an e34. I had do modify the motor mount to make it work. Not a bit ordeal but well worth the effort to make a beautiful set of equal length headers work on my coupe.

AF1QipO_pP6KJMZHB-zUyW_nWDlY0u1GtU4TrxcmQyX6

AF1QipO_pP6KJMZHB-zUyW_nWDlY0u1GtU4TrxcmQyX6.jpg
How about the audio! Let's hear the sound