SoCal Vintage BMW Caravan to Bimmerfest Sat May 2

Dave L

Reaction score
Rain on Saturday?

Looking at the forecast I see that (as of now) it is supposed to be a wet day in Santa Barbara this Saturday. What will everyone do if you get up and it is raining? Will everyone still make the trek? or will many take a pass on the event?

I am curious, as it will help me decide what to do of I wake up to rain drops.

Dave L

Dave L

Reaction score
Rain on Saturday?

Looking at the forecast I see that (as of now) it is supposed to be a wet day in Santa Barbara this Saturday. What will everyone do if you get up and it is raining? Will everyone still make the trek? or will many take a pass on the event?

I am curious, as it will help me decide what to do of I wake up to rain drops.

Dave L

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
caravan

Didn't see the rain forecast, it never really rains here anyway. Be there or be square as they say!

Tom, still need a ride? Se ya Ron.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
caravan

Didn't see the rain forecast, it never really rains here anyway. Be there or be square as they say!

Tom, still need a ride? Se ya Ron.

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, rain or shine, I have to be there since I'm organizing this train of ne're do wells........Dave, if it rains, you can probably hitch a ride from bella terra and split the entry fee.....at least it will be light at 6:15....
Jeff

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, rain or shine, I have to be there since I'm organizing this train of ne're do wells........Dave, if it rains, you can probably hitch a ride from bella terra and split the entry fee.....at least it will be light at 6:15....
Jeff

G-Man

Reaction score
I posted a message on to the BF 09 forum asking if classic BMW's will have their own parking area. Jon, the event organizer never answered the question, so we need to be thinking of an area where to park. Take a look at the Google maps of the polo grounds and look at the satellite imagery of the grounds. If someone get there early, keep an eye out for old school BMW's and send them that way.

G-Man

G-Man

Reaction score
I posted a message on to the BF 09 forum asking if classic BMW's will have their own parking area. Jon, the event organizer never answered the question, so we need to be thinking of an area where to park. Take a look at the Google maps of the polo grounds and look at the satellite imagery of the grounds. If someone get there early, keep an eye out for old school BMW's and send them that way.

G-Man

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bummerfest

We wash our cars, just don't tell Murray! Besides, it won't be raining. We go because we have become kind of a family here in the OC. We bring great food, we sit around and discuss all of the youngsters who have thrown away lots of money to make their cars look different and we get about 20 vintage BMWs, mostly 2002s. It is also a great little 2 hour cruise. This year they will even have grass, to park on that is. It's not Concorso, when Concorso was in Seaside, but it is a chance to hang out. May 24th is the clean car contest in San Diego which is a lot more fun. Cheers,

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bummerfest

We wash our cars, just don't tell Murray! Besides, it won't be raining. We go because we have become kind of a family here in the OC. We bring great food, we sit around and discuss all of the youngsters who have thrown away lots of money to make their cars look different and we get about 20 vintage BMWs, mostly 2002s. It is also a great little 2 hour cruise. This year they will even have grass, to park on that is. It's not Concorso, when Concorso was in Seaside, but it is a chance to hang out. May 24th is the clean car contest in San Diego which is a lot more fun. Cheers,

Dave L

Reaction score
Forecast

Checking today, I see that the forecast has been changed a bit. It should be raining there today, improved tomorrow. My car is just a driver anyway, so it wouldn't have been a real issue with me. I was just curious about everyone else. I dont think I'm going to rush out early to caravan as I am now charged with carting my wife and my five year old with me. I'll probably wind up leaving a bit later and looking for lost souls headed north on the highway.

Serves me right for saying it was in Santa Barbara!

Dave L
70 Fjord 2800cs

Dave L

Reaction score
Forecast

Checking today, I see that the forecast has been changed a bit. It should be raining there today, improved tomorrow. My car is just a driver anyway, so it wouldn't have been a real issue with me. I was just curious about everyone else. I dont think I'm going to rush out early to caravan as I am now charged with carting my wife and my five year old with me. I'll probably wind up leaving a bit later and looking for lost souls headed north on the highway.

Serves me right for saying it was in Santa Barbara!

Dave L
70 Fjord 2800cs