SoCal Vintage BMW Caravan to Bimmerfest Sat May 2

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ok, so we're going to organize a caravan up to Bimmerfest in Carpenteria on Saturday May 2. We'll have the first assembly spot at the 405 and Burbank Blvd (just west of the freeway on Burbank in the small parking area). Depending on how many folks further up the line chime in, we may also stop at the McDonalds at Los Posas/101 in Camarillo for a quick pick up of the rest, and then head up the 101 to Carp. here's their registration link:

https://eventreg.bimmerfest.com/events.php?action=insertregistration&EvId=3

Last year they charged double at the door, so I don't know if they will do the same this year, I'll register for sure, and I recommend anyone going do so as well.

Check for more info and updates at our website, www.socalvintagebmw.com

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ok, so we're going to organize a caravan up to Bimmerfest in Carpenteria on Saturday May 2. We'll have the first assembly spot at the 405 and Burbank Blvd (just west of the freeway on Burbank in the small parking area). Depending on how many folks further up the line chime in, we may also stop at the McDonalds at Los Posas/101 in Camarillo for a quick pick up of the rest, and then head up the 101 to Carp. here's their registration link:

https://eventreg.bimmerfest.com/events.php?action=insertregistration&EvId=3

Last year they charged double at the door, so I don't know if they will do the same this year, I'll register for sure, and I recommend anyone going do so as well.

Check for more info and updates at our website, www.socalvintagebmw.com

de coupe

Reaction score
What time

Just wondering what time I am south of you Also any folks from the OC meeting up then heading up....

de coupe

Reaction score
What time

Just wondering what time I am south of you Also any folks from the OC meeting up then heading up....

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Caravan

Four or five of us from the OC will meet at the Bella Terra center on Beach at the 405, time is TBD. Concourse Parking is available from 7:30 to 8:45 for $40, regular entrance time is 9:00 and $20. The site says no line-ups will be allowed. If you read the Bimmefest posts it is a little scary, some of the idiots want to recreate what they did two years ago which was to stop all traffic on the 101 in the valley and do donuts on the freeway. Someone rolled their BMW 2 or 3 years ago by passing in the center dirt median as well. This event is becoming less appealing to me and may be my last, especially if there is no organized parking for our vintage crowd.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Caravan

Four or five of us from the OC will meet at the Bella Terra center on Beach at the 405, time is TBD. Concourse Parking is available from 7:30 to 8:45 for $40, regular entrance time is 9:00 and $20. The site says no line-ups will be allowed. If you read the Bimmefest posts it is a little scary, some of the idiots want to recreate what they did two years ago which was to stop all traffic on the 101 in the valley and do donuts on the freeway. Someone rolled their BMW 2 or 3 years ago by passing in the center dirt median as well. This event is becoming less appealing to me and may be my last, especially if there is no organized parking for our vintage crowd.

Rakearch

Reaction score
SoCal OC Group

Does anyone know what the entrance line up is going to be like. Paul Cain was talking about leaving OC at 5:30 for SB arrival at 7:30.

Im with Chris, Idling in a 40 yr old car is not my idea of an event worth attending. IMO they should hold a block of spots for the vintage cars or let us in early.

I hope its not my last trip to Bimmerfest.

Tom Rakestraw
73 CSL
72 TII Project
75 2002A
98 323IS
99 525T
04 3.0 X5

Rakearch

Reaction score
SoCal OC Group

Does anyone know what the entrance line up is going to be like. Paul Cain was talking about leaving OC at 5:30 for SB arrival at 7:30.

Im with Chris, Idling in a 40 yr old car is not my idea of an event worth attending. IMO they should hold a block of spots for the vintage cars or let us in early.

I hope its not my last trip to Bimmerfest.

Tom Rakestraw
73 CSL
72 TII Project
75 2002A
98 323IS
99 525T
04 3.0 X5

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've dropped a note to the BF folks asking for us to come in en masse seperate from the usual entrance line. I'm not expecting much, but let's see what we can shake out. Maybe getting off the 101 at one of the earlier Carp exits and driving up Via Real might help, or going past and doubling back on it (that would be a smart organizers solution). Stay tuned.

Jeff

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've dropped a note to the BF folks asking for us to come in en masse seperate from the usual entrance line. I'm not expecting much, but let's see what we can shake out. Maybe getting off the 101 at one of the earlier Carp exits and driving up Via Real might help, or going past and doubling back on it (that would be a smart organizers solution). Stay tuned.

Jeff

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I received a note from Tim at BimmerFest as far as trying to get the vintage cars in en masse.....

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, as you can imaging we're going over time here getting things organized for the show. The best thing to do would be to come as a group at 7:30 for concourse parking. This will not only help you avoid the lines, but also put your cars right in the thick of things with premier parking. You can see how the concourse is right in the middle of the show -

http://eventreg.bimmerfest.com/v/Bimmerfest_2009_Layout.jpg

Concourse parking is $40, but to avoid the lines and get premiere parking it is well worth it. Please show up in a group so we can park you together.

Looking forward to seeing the vintage BMW in just over a week!

Tim

I wrote back stating all of us getting there at 7:30 was not realistic, given the distances some folks were driving, coming from OC etc. I did offer up to him that we might be willing to pay a premium (say $30) to be able to come in all as one group and park together, and I pledged we'd get there in the 8-8:30A range.......I know this is still wicked early coming from OC, but what are the thoughts? I'll let you know what Tim says. Getting there at 7:30 would involve leaving about 6:15-30- from Sherman Oaks.....

Jeff

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I received a note from Tim at BimmerFest as far as trying to get the vintage cars in en masse.....

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, as you can imaging we're going over time here getting things organized for the show. The best thing to do would be to come as a group at 7:30 for concourse parking. This will not only help you avoid the lines, but also put your cars right in the thick of things with premier parking. You can see how the concourse is right in the middle of the show -

http://eventreg.bimmerfest.com/v/Bimmerfest_2009_Layout.jpg

Concourse parking is $40, but to avoid the lines and get premiere parking it is well worth it. Please show up in a group so we can park you together.

Looking forward to seeing the vintage BMW in just over a week!

Tim

I wrote back stating all of us getting there at 7:30 was not realistic, given the distances some folks were driving, coming from OC etc. I did offer up to him that we might be willing to pay a premium (say $30) to be able to come in all as one group and park together, and I pledged we'd get there in the 8-8:30A range.......I know this is still wicked early coming from OC, but what are the thoughts? I'll let you know what Tim says. Getting there at 7:30 would involve leaving about 6:15-30- from Sherman Oaks.....

Jeff

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The guys coming up from OC (Tom, Chris, Andy, Ron, Ray, etc) and points south have said they will endeavor to be at Burbank BL/405 by 6:15, so the caravan to Bummerfest will leave pretty much when they arrive, maybe after a minute to say hellos.......I'm thinking it will be a good idea to go one exit past the Polo Grounds and double back on Via Real, most traffic will be coming from the south and getting off at the exit south of the grounds......lets hope the parking staff are civil as they take our $40......
Jeff

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The guys coming up from OC (Tom, Chris, Andy, Ron, Ray, etc) and points south have said they will endeavor to be at Burbank BL/405 by 6:15, so the caravan to Bummerfest will leave pretty much when they arrive, maybe after a minute to say hellos.......I'm thinking it will be a good idea to go one exit past the Polo Grounds and double back on Via Real, most traffic will be coming from the south and getting off at the exit south of the grounds......lets hope the parking staff are civil as they take our $40......
Jeff

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
caravan

Anyone wishing to join us be at Pete's Coffee at Bella Terra (405 & Beach)between the Kohl's and Barnes & Noble by 5:20, we will leave at 5:30 sharp.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
caravan

Anyone wishing to join us be at Pete's Coffee at Bella Terra (405 & Beach)between the Kohl's and Barnes & Noble by 5:20, we will leave at 5:30 sharp.

Dave L

Reaction score
Caravan to Bimmerfest

I may attempt to join the/a caravan. I have not attended an event in a long time. I registered, so if I can get myself up and out at that ungodly hour I will meet one of the groups at a designated meeting point, probably the 405 & Beach spot. There is strength in numbers....sometimes.

Dave L

Dave L

Reaction score
Caravan to Bimmerfest

I may attempt to join the/a caravan. I have not attended an event in a long time. I registered, so if I can get myself up and out at that ungodly hour I will meet one of the groups at a designated meeting point, probably the 405 & Beach spot. There is strength in numbers....sometimes.

Dave L