seatle e9 on craigslist

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm amazed when a 1 owner car has never wandered onto the forum. I'd like to see more photos.

RonP

Reaction score
I was trying to buy this car for an East Coast client via a friend of mine in Spokane. He "told" me that he drove all the way to Seattle to look at the car and never got out of the car as he said it was a POS. It didn't sound like he was telling me the truth and wouldn't return my call...only text. Oh, and I had to pay $15k for it. Now I see the exact same photos I saw from him on Craigslist. Now I wonder if he bought it after all?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is getting interesting. You might want to re-define the term "friend" once you get to the bottom of it.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did you ask your "friend" for first right of refusal?

sounds more like an acquaintance than a friend.
Looks like a decent car at a really good price.

But, your next barn find CSL is just around the corner...

John

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I was trying to buy this car for an East Coast client via a friend of mine in Spokane. He "told" me that he drove all the way to Seattle to look at the car and never got out of the car as he said it was a POS. It didn't sound like he was telling me the truth and wouldn't return my call...only text. Oh, and I had to pay $15k for it. Now I see the exact same photos I saw from him on Craigslist. Now I wonder if he bought it after all?

Too bad - This car is/was about 10 miles from me. Just called and yep.. SOLD.

I would have been glad to take a look at it... (I have tooooo many cars already - no chance of it following me home) ;)

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I went with a friend who was interested and we both agreed it was too rusty to be good for anything but parts. Lots of filler and bubbles. Too bad because I believe it was a one owner car but the whole front clip was very rough, the gaps and fit on hood and trunk were bad. The only carpet I lifted was under the driver's feet and there were two dime sized holes in the floor. Wet trunk and the few tools in the kit were very rusty. You get the picture.

We didn't drive it. It was being sold by the son and daughter-in-law of the owner and they knew nothing about coupe values. They said they priced it based on what their insurance agent told them.

ny30cs

Reaction score
3.0CS Seattle

Nope. I didn't buy it and man am I lucky I didn't. The day of buying these cars sight unseen or just from photos is OVER!!!!!! It would be total stupidity to buy one without a PPI. Everyone wants and wishes for the car to be as described but there is SO MUCH on these cars that is up to interpretation that they have to be seen in person or have someone who sees and values the cars and condition the same as you do. I have bought too many cars from photos seeing what my heart and enthusiasm told me to see. It's just not worth it with these cars. Knowing what we know and the cost to set them right is a very sobering thought. This car is just another example. I too was hot under the collar thinking it was a one owner, low milage car.........WHEWWWWWW.........