Seat rail gap

Teej

Reaction score
Wondering how others solved this if they had the same issue.

CSL seats

when driving with lots of load from side to side I notice my seat “twists” in place just enough to notice. I checked underneath and it seems that the play is in the outer most seat rail (closest to door) since the slide adjuster is just on the inside or center most rail locking it in place, but the outside (door side) rail is free of an adjust or lock, so the “twist” I feel is the gap in between the rails.

before I pull off the rails to narrow them, does anyone have an alternate solution?

Thanks

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wondering how others solved this if they had the same issue.

CSL seats

when driving with lots of load from side to side I notice my seat “twists” in place just enough to notice. I checked underneath and it seems that the play is in the outer most seat rail (closest to door) since the slide adjuster is just on the inside or center most rail locking it in place, but the outside (door side) rail is free of an adjust or lock, so the “twist” I feel is the gap in between the rails.

before I pull off the rails to narrow them, does anyone have an alternate solution?

Thanks

Hi @Teej,

Interesting issue. Love your car btw! A quick fix would be to drill a hole through the other rail and run a bolt through it. If you didn't want to make it permanent, you could use a ring pin with a ball bearing detent. None of this will be overtly visible. Alternatively you could use an extra pair of adjustable sliders. You can remove the chrome lever and use a screwdriver to adjust. Will be tricky because you'll need to do both at the same time. Given that you likely never adjust your seat, my vote would be for the first option.

I snapped some pics of my seat rails for @tferrer not that long ago. I'll post here later so you can get a visual on what you are working with.

31+nOPuMCqL.jpg

Teej

Reaction score
I don’t think I’d do that.

I removed the seat and it is the rail that is moving in its slot side to side. Enough to notice while driving in canyons. Everything else is tight / solid.

I’ll try a thin nylon liner along the rail and see if it resolves it.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t think I’d do that.

I removed the seat and it is the rail that is moving in its slot side to side. Enough to notice while driving in canyons. Everything else is tight / solid.

I’ll try a thin nylon liner along the rail and see if it resolves it.

Gotcha! You could also a put the rail in a vise and tighten it up a tad. I suppose that all of my solutions may be a little more abusive than desired. :D Based on my better understanding of the issue, the ring pin wouldn't work anyway. A nut and bolt or your shim just may.