I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Koenig seats:

20170509_121857.jpg

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I found these ones on ebay and as far as I know these type are not cheap and mines are in full leather

NMNA

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133333393536
Ok, they have really gone up in value over the last 5 year. These are an excellent choice for an E9. The challenge is always to have the appearance of the rear seats be in harmony w the front seats. That is one of the really impressive things about Paul Cain’s old E9. To my eye, the later lateral pleat E9 seats are more visually compatible with these and with Scheel seats.

mmccusername

Reaction score
Scheelmann still makes seats. They offer different color/leather/fabric options, or you can provide custom material.

shanon

Reaction score
A thought: leather or cloth seat area?

What type of climate are you in?
If very warm, possibly consider a cloth.

Having vehicles with both leather and cloth seats, I definitely prefer the cloth in California's hot summers.

I have leather in the DD/commuter, and cloth in the sporty rigs: coupe and 4x4.

Yep, sweaty back season is here..... ugh.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score

Having vehicles with both leather and cloth seats, I definitely prefer the cloth in California's hot summers.

Some aftermarket Recaros allow you to fit a small fan in the base to circulate air thru the seat back. My modern DD/Tow Vehicle has AC in the perforated leather seat backs (a bit noisy though). IIRC this is becoming a fairly common option these days.

On a classic car, I think it’s a mistake to expect the comfort of a modern DD. And while visually unattractive, I still think a set of genuine sheepskin seat covers works wonders in the summer. I had a set in two E3’s back in the day (NJ and SoCal). When combined with the anemic yet fully functioning AC it was sufficient to make me reasonably comfortable in a suit and tie while stuck in commuter traffic.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scheelmann still makes seats. They offer different color/leather/fabric options, or you can provide custom material.

IMHO, their current Sportline looks kind of wimpy compared to their really sporty seats from the 1970-90’s. Hard for me to see how these can hold you as securely as model 401.

nobrakese28

Reaction score

Think I am going with all leather, I like blue leather outers with a woven leather inner, ideal the inner woven pattern would be a close for to the woven material in the door card.

I spoke with GTS Classic, I really like the Hockenheim and Gran Turismo. He is looking into the color combo I requested.

And yes, sweaty back and butt season is upon us. I am in SoCal.

Alejandro Giraldo

Reaction score
What sweet car
That interior is just yummy and those front seats really suits the whole package

Congrats and enjoy it in good health

RMP

Site Donor $
Reaction score

IMSA-CSL

Reaction score
Period correct Scheels
I no longer have any use for the Scheel seats. I had bought these as a replacement for the seats in my ALPINA I have now decided to use the original seats.

If someone is interested in the seats he can contact me. The seats are in Northern Germany but could be shipped worldwide if necessary.

shanon

Reaction score
Neat.
Curious what are or were the original seats for your Alpina?

Something like these?

TodB

Reaction score