Scheel 101 ,is back‘ (?)

m5toureg

Reaction score
Kindly accept my apologies if this is ,yesterday‘s news‘ ?
-

Last edited:

Rouge

Reaction score
Est-ce-que cela va faire baisser les tarifs des Scheel originaux .
Will this lower the price of original Scheels?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
it will add competition for sure. original is still original, not sure the seats have date codes, but ...
its kind of like 14" Alpina wheels. there are differences between early wheels, late wheels and what is available now. they have date codes. the new wheels have not lessened the price of the early 5 hole wheels.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
it will add competition for sure. original is still original, not sure the seats have date codes, but ...
its kind of like 14" Alpina wheels. there are differences between early wheels, late wheels and what is available now. they have date codes. the new wheels have not lessened the price of the early 5 hole wheels.
I’d compare it to as if Alpina was to reproduce the original 7x14” 5 hole rims but with modern methods and Aluminium. The new Scheels are made to today’s German safety standards whereas the original ones are from the late 60’s.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hmmn, wonder if they'd make Blue ones?
Blue ones?

IMG_9047.jpeg

mmccusername

Reaction score
These new Scheels are definitely safer and hopefully the quality is high, but they are not identical to the original. For one they are build wider for the 'modern' body shape.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, not traditional, but my interior is all Blue and in decent shape. Original carpet is in VG condition as are the door panels. I wouldn't mind having a semi CSL inspired car, so Blue Scheels would be something I'd consider. At the moment, ,my engine block is still Blue. I do have a set of Tan rear seats I could recover in Black I suppose if I went for a colour change.

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, not traditional, but my interior is all Blue and in decent shape. Original carpet is in VG condition as are the door panels. I wouldn't mind having a semi CSL inspired car, so Blue Sheels would be something I'd consider. At the moment, ,my engine block is still Blue. I do have a set of Tan rear seats I could recover in Black I suppose if I went for a colour change.
Got it….no, blue is not what the bmw Scheels come in AFAIK

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Got it….no, blue is not what the bmw Scheels come in AFAIK
Spoke to the folks in the US who said at the factory they are considering expanding the choices in this new seat to have some different fabrics and colours in the Center as well as perhaps a leather version.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, not traditional, but my interior is all Blue and in decent shape. Original carpet is in VG condition as are the door panels. I wouldn't mind having a semi CSL inspired car, so Blue Scheels would be something I'd consider. At the moment, ,my engine block is still Blue. I do have a set of Tan rear seats I could recover in Black I suppose if I went for a colour change.
I'm with you on this, some dark Marine Blau Scheels would be great to have in our interiors.

Gerrit

Reaction score
That is very much true. Original is original and anybody who knows anything about Scheels should be able to tell. It was not the object of this venture to make 1 to 1 copies.
Nicad: Your wishes may come true...

Rouge

Reaction score
Je voulais aussi avoir des Scheel bleus pour s'intégrer dans un interieur complet. j'ai donc réalisé avec mon sellier à partir de baquet vintage trouvés d'occasion un ensemble qui s'intègre pas mal dans l'auto à mon goût. (j'ai trouvé les boutons Scheel en australie)

I also wanted to have blue Scheels to fit in a complete interior. so I made a set with my saddler from vintage tubs I found second-hand, which I think fits in well with the car (I found the Scheel buttons in Australia).

Attachments

• WP_20190522_17_45_18_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190522_17_45_18_Pro.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 91
  • WP_20190510_10_09_20_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190510_10_09_20_Pro.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 99

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Je voulais aussi avoir des Scheel bleus pour s'intégrer dans un interieur complet. j'ai donc réalisé avec mon sellier à partir de baquet vintage trouvés d'occasion un ensemble qui s'intègre pas mal dans l'auto à mon goût. (j'ai trouvé les boutons Scheel en australie)

I also wanted to have blue Scheels to fit in a complete interior. so I made a set with my saddler from vintage tubs I found second-hand, which I think fits in well with the car (I found the Scheel buttons in Australia).
Perfect!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score

Very nice, i'd like some .

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'd be curious about the weight of these reproductions compared to the originals... I put one of the new Scheel adjustable seats (marketed towards the high end SUV market) in my Vixen. It's a great seat but incredibly heavy.