Saratoga Springs July 14

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There is discussion of a NE meet sometime this summer or early fall. I looked at the Saratoga Springs Auto Museum shows on their lawn.

The BMW event is tentatively scheduled for July 14, a Saturday. At this point I plan to attend.

It is relatively small, exclusively class BMWs and centrally located. The town and countryside are lovely. But if the horses are running we will have to make reservations soon. I will check on the race season dates. The horse racing season starts AFTER the car show.

Your thoughts?

Steve

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There is discussion of a NE meet sometime this summer or early fall. I looked at the Saratoga Springs Auto Museum shows on their lawn.

The BMW event is tentatively scheduled for July 14, a Saturday. At this point I plan to attend.

It is relatively small, exclusively class BMWs and centrally located. The town and countryside are lovely. But if the horses are running we will have to make reservations soon. I will check on the race season dates. The horse racing season starts AFTER the car show.

Your thoughts?

Steve

a.k.a. The Vintage at Saratoga, hosted by the Patroon Chapter of the BMW CCA. This will be its third year.

In my opinion, it is the best event for a Nor' E9 Coupe Fest.

I will be there.

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Saratoga Springs

I concur with Andrew's opinion. The Patroon BMW Club did a great job or organizing activities last year. I expect they will want to top themselves ...

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My coupe is comfortable at high speed. well, below 100mph anyway.
We need Mario in a chase-car with parts and tools, just in case!

Stan

duane_sword

Reaction score
It's locked into my calendar

Count me in, my radar detector has been upgraded!! :)

Vintage at Saratoga NY will be a first time for me.

1. How do we register?

2. Given I don't know the best driving roads, who wants to suggest a route and a meet-up point for the cruise in?

4. Do we need to inform the event organizer of a Nor'East CoupeFest clan intending to come to their event?... who can take this lead?

3. Would we drive on the Friday July 13th and stay somewhere then enjoy the event at Saratoga on the 14th and drive back that afternoon?

I am very keen to have a coupe-cruise... so envious of those lucky fellas on the west coast!

Last edited:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Routes to Saratoga

The Jag club is making a drive out to Saratoga in May. They're a slower bunch in their XK's and E-types than the typical BMW crowd. I think I'm the only one that regularly exceeds the ton (closed circuit, don't try this at home kids....). The route was selected mainly for back road driving pleasure and scenic value. When the map/route is written up I'll post it here for people to consider. Maybe a hybrid which includes some freeway plus some back roads.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Count me in, my radar detector has been upgraded!! :)

Vintage at Saratoga NY will be a first time for me.

1. How do we register?

2. Given I don't know the best driving roads, who wants to suggest a route and a meet-up point for the cruise in?

4. Do we need to inform the event organizer of a Nor'East CoupeFest clan intending to come to their event?... who can take this lead?

3. Would we drive on the Friday July 13th and stay somewhere then enjoy the event at Saratoga on the 14th and drive back that afternoon?

I am very keen to have a coupe-cruise... so envious of those lucky fellas on the west coast!

1. Registration is not yet open for the event. http://www.vintageatsaratoga.com/

2. I cut cross lots across ME, NH & VT to NY. Could plan a coupe drive after the show and peel off as we go our separate ways. Plenty of time to plan

3. Last year they had an afternoon tour on Friday with a Meet and Greet Friday evening. May be worth getting there early, think the tour started at 1pm.

4. I'll let the organizers know and update the thread when I have definite info.