Sarasota FL

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
First cruise after moving to Sarasota FL. The roads are so smooth here I don’t need to get rid of my Bilsteins anymore! :cool: I’m looking forward to visiting Sebring and taking the old girl to Key West and other tropical destinations someday. E9’ers and E3’ers encouraged to visit!

E7373A68-1FE5-4881-83B8-4DBC9977A7B2.jpeg

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks, time for the next chapter, will be air freighting the andouille and boudin in for sure! Will miss poboys made with Leidenheimer bread, it's inimitable.
we are lucky enough to have a couple of places bring Leidenhemer bread into ATL ... both places make great poboys here. andouille, boudin + tasso, that's another story. we do get companies importing live Louisiana crawfish here every week during crawfish season to get my fill of boiled crawfish. that combined with me making great gumbo or etouffee, i get by ... hard to believe that i haven't lived in Louisiana for 42 years.

for me the biggest miss here is smoked brisket like you can find in Texas with great bbq sauce. people give it a go, just not nearly as good.

right there with @adawil2002 ... i prefer the gulf side of Florida. and besides, you aren't too far north from Scott Crater ... good times ahead.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
we are lucky enough to have a couple of places bring Leidenhemer bread into ATL ... both places make great poboys here. andouille, boudin + tasso, that's another story. we do get companies importing live Louisiana crawfish here every week during crawfish season to get my fill of boiled crawfish. that combined with me making great gumbo or etouffee, i get by ... hard to believe that i haven't lived in Louisiana for 42 years.

for me the biggest miss here is smoked brisket like you can find in Texas with great bbq sauce. people give it a go, just not nearly as good.

right there with @adawil2002 ... i prefer the gulf side of Florida. and besides, you aren't too far north from Scott Crater ... good times ahead.
Yes I look forward to seeing @craterface, @DWMBMW, @Drew Gregg, @Neil Beckingham and others on their home turf :cool:

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
moving to Sarasota FL

I think you just wanted to be closer to Ray in Savannah... I guess it isn't that much closer. It will make it more difficult for me to swing by after visits to the east coast. Best of luck in the new chapter.

Ed Z

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Come see me! Gone a lot in June, but here after that.

Come see the Revs Institute in Naples. It is car heaven. At least a dozen cars that raced at LeMans, for starters.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You made it, good to hear.
Glad Scott Crater reached out to you.
You guys would have fun.
Sebring is great fun, I have been a few times although the coupe has never been.
Actually got to drive the M5 on the track one year. Just some fun laps never over about 80.
Camped in the infield one year and stayed with friends a couple times.
The infield is an experience you will never forget!
Take care and enjoy!
Gary