San Diego: 1970 2800 CS Turbo - $60K

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh yes - love the look. I am a big hypocrite. I've lowered my M3 down (almost too much). The spoiler is about 4" off the ground. Fortunately it has a slightly compliant lip along the bottom that provides a tiny bit of forgiveness. But after just barely touching anything with it once or twice, my trained response is to park about 2 feet from any obstruction. I can only imagine that if I were driving one of the examples above, I'd need to increase the mental buffer zone even further. :)

It becomes difficult even to get into certain driveways, and one particular street corner. But it looks awesome!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Of course, since I'm going w/coilovers, I can get crazy and install a set of these:

https://www.stanceparts.com/

716c84a6b37d0690375e98baf63a8b1e.jpg

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd have a problem paying that much with the wiring being so poorly installed. The large bundle of wires passes through the firewall with no grommet and a couple of wires are bent over the seam where the serial number in a sharp bend that will eventually cause them to fatigue and fail.

Yes, nitpicking a bit, but electrical gremlins are hard to troubleshoot.

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 7.55.00 AM.png

Classy_AF

Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for posting my car up in here! You're right, I should have vacuumed the car a bit before I had the pictures taken, I'm pretty busy day to day though and it just wasn't a priority. I figured anyone serious about this car would be willing to over look that, lol. The reason I'm selling it is that I only drive it about once every 6 months or so, and I just can't justify keeping it any more.

We specifically put pictures of the rusted hood vents in the ad because I want to be 100% honest about the good and the bad of this car, the hood vents are the only spot on the entire vehicle with rust. The shock towers are solid, zero rust. The hood rubs slightly on the shock tower so the spot you're seeing is the abrasion, not rust. We cut out the passenger side floor board during the build phase, and some minor rust repairs in the rear window, but that was pretty much it. I bought it a few years ago partly because it was in such good condition.

As far as the wiring, yes, unfortunately it's not pretty. It works great, and the Mega Squirt II controller is set up in the glove box, but it's been a real pain in the ass trying to find people who can work on this car to dial in all the small things I wanted to complete That's another reason I'm selling it, it's just so specialized that it takes someone very familiar with these cars to dive into it.

I'm in San Diego and both Carl & JP at La Jolla Independent are pretty familiar with this car, I've brought it to them a few times and they've checked it out top to bottom. Right now it's stored at my warehouse in Miramar, if someone from the board would like to come by in person and check it out, you're absolutely welcome to.

As far as the price, it would take about $100k (or more) and about 1.5-2 years to build a similar car, assuming you could find a solid base car to start with. I completely understand this car isn't everyone's cup of tea, it's definitely not a purist's ride, but for those irreverent A-holes like me, it scratches a unique itch.