Rocker trim?

Dave L

Reaction score
There is a trim piece, i believe chrome, that runs along the rocker area under the doors on the sides. I have no idea when this disappeared on my car, never been there as long as I've had her. I've noticed it on other cars and it looks nice. Also I don't like having the mounting holes just sitting there open. I have been looking for while for some replacement pieces and can't find any anywhere. lots of trim is available for these cars, but I've never see the rocker trim. someone on eBay sells the mounting bits for this, but not the trim pieces. Does anyone know where to get this? anyone breaking car that has this available? My car has been in the garage for quite a while, but it's time I began paying attention to her again.

Dave L
Orange, CA

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dave,

you can still buy these new
51131810559 + 51131810560 $87.35 each from Tomkinson - NEW. why not just get new trim pieces when they aren't that expensive.

Dave L

Reaction score
Rocker trim

I've never years of them. I've checked many other parts sources, W&N, Jaymic, and others, no one ever lists that part. Thanks, I will order some new ones.

Dave L

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Left and Right pieces

I just received both of these and it turns out that even though I ordered a left and right they both came in as the 559 number. When I ordered them it took 3 weeks to get the left one out of Germany through Husker BMW while there were plenty of the right hand side ones in the US. I compared them to the ones on my Sahara Coupe and there is no need for a left or right designation.

I was not sure that these trim strips were going to be very good because they were priced at under $90 each. Turns out they look great are a quality product and are a real bargain for that price. Can't wait to put them on my new project.

Regards, Jon

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Left and Right pieces

I had the same issue originally recieving two number 559's. To me they do not appear to be identical and interchangeble. The angle at the end of the trim peice on the front wheel side is slightly different from the rear wheel. Tompkinson agreed and they were very helpful. I returned one of the 559's and although it took a while they tracked down a part number 560 from Germany.

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You Are Right

I had the same issue originally recieving two number 559's. To me they do not appear to be identical and interchangeble. The angle at the end of the trim peice on the front wheel side is slightly different from the rear wheel. Tompkinson agreed and they were very helpful. I returned one of the 559's and although it took a while they tracked down a part number 560 from Germany.

DWMBMW,

I started to install the trim on the rocker covers and it turns out they are different. When I held the trim up to the ones on my Sahara Coupe they looked the same for both sides. It wasn't until I started to install them on my new project that I spotted how one end has more of a swept back angle and does not finish flat at the back of the rocker cover. I will go back to Husker and get #560.

Thanks DWMBMW for pointing this out. It is subtle enough that I may have overlooked it if you hadn't pointed it out.

Regards, Jon

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
L & r?

It's funny, I thought that since the realoem said that 559 superseded 560 (or vice versa, I can't rememeber..), that they were the same...I was cleaning up a spare yesterday and just by a quick visual, I would have guessed that they were the same part...So, thanks guys, for clarifying.

Dave V. in NC