Ride height

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
just went out and measured my coupe - from the belt trim to the ground - same on both sides. 16" coupeking alpina staggers w/ 205/55 and 225/50 tires. unknown lowering springs ... my guess CN.

Front - 27.625"
Rear - 27.875"

cdavie2002

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone got a note of what the OEM rear spring rate, and length is??

We are working on the suspension now ~ it sits very very high, I'm not sure the springs i have are actually for this car.

It was an unfinished project when i took it on so a lot of things were half-done.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have recently discovered that I have a 1/2" dip lower on my drivers rear side with a full gas tank as the gas tank is on that side (it dips a bit more with a driver in the car too, however with a LHD car I suspect it levels out nicely). I am now trying to find a way to balance mine to be perfectly even on both sides at the rear so will probably add a spacer or a section of rubber hose on the top part of my RH rear spring.

So it's worth thinking about this if your car is RHD and adding a spacer before everything is set up if you want a perfectly even coupe.

Ian C

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone got a note of what the OEM rear spring rate, and length is??

We are working on the suspension now ~ it sits very very high, I'm not sure the springs i have are actually for this car.

It was an unfinished project when i took it on so a lot of things were half-done.
IMG_0749.JPG

E9madada

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have recently discovered that I have a 1/2" dip lower on my drivers rear side with a full gas tank as the gas tank is on that side (it dips a bit more with a driver in the car too, however with a LHD car I suspect it levels out nicely). I am now trying to find a way to balance mine to be perfectly even on both sides at the rear so will probably add a spacer or a section of rubber hose on the top part of my RH rear spring.

So it's worth thinking about this if your car is RHD and adding a spacer before everything is set up if you want a perfectly even coupe.
I noticed the same, so I have a standard 3. upper spring rubber on rear right and a thinner 2. Rubber on the left.
38mm and 28mm I think.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I USED STANDARD SPRINGS FROM "GROUND CONTROL"
ESPECIALLY MADE FOR THE COUPE IT SITS PERFECT.

Attachments

• e1.png
    e1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • A5.jpg
    A5.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 94
  • A3.jpg
    A3.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 84
  • A7.jpg
    A7.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 96

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
I noticed the same, so I have a standard 3. upper spring rubber on rear right and a thinner 2. Rubber on the left.
38mm and 28mm I think.
Thanks for the advice.

That's exactly what I need to do... but where did you buy a 38mm larger rear spring rubber? (I have tried Jaymic but they only sell the one size of rear spring rubber)

E9madada

Site Donor
Reaction score