RHD Inka Coupe auction- England

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like a fantastic base. Shame that the bodyshop did not take a bit more care on panel gaps. If the gaps were sorted along with some resto photos on the auction I believe that would have gone for a damn sight more.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
indeed, it seems here many members would like more to reweld floor panels and fenders than readjusting "gaps".... i know what i would prefer to do !
I only hope the owner ( member ?) reply's here.....
IF it was really only 23k it must have been a bad experience .... but if market is getting down, it's the same for every body.
In Belgium "oldtimers" have to pass complete tech inspection ( as new cars ) for the first time this year.... i can assure you , many of them won't be worth to get them pass. Costs versus value will be questionable. :mad:

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
indeed, it seems here many members would like more to reweld floor panels and fenders than readjusting "gaps".... i know what i would prefer to do !
I only hope the owner ( member ?) reply's here.....
IF it was really only 23k it must have been a bad experience .... but if market is getting down, it's the same for every body.
In Belgium "oldtimers" have to pass complete tech inspection ( as new cars ) for the first time this year.... i can assure you , many of them won't be worth to get them pass. Costs versus value will be questionable. :mad:

this is either the bargain of the century or we are not seeing the true story here.

for me alarm bells ring when the advert says professional restoration and then it obviously isn’t.

but yes at this price it may be worth rectifying these issues and might still be better value.

ultimately depends on what you were after. I was after originality above all and I paid the price for this :D

DaveyME9

Reaction score
So I thought I’d jump in since I actually bought this car on the auction for GBP 23k plus fees. I’m from London but based in Hong Kong so my buddy Ramy (who will join the forum shortly) is looking after it for me. I come back a few times a year.

Indeed the car was owned by ‘the Don’ with a large folder documenting the build. The panels certainly need some alignment which is a bit of a priority given the bonnet doesn’t lock on the latch as it stands.

My thoughts as to what to do to the car are as follows (a bit of a restomod so please forgive me):-

• Munich Legends to give it the once over in the new year as a starting point
  • Fix panel gaps (not sure if best to user ML or for a dedicated panel beater)
  • Fit 16” wheels from http://www.alfagiuliashop.eu/. Tyres I was thinking 205/55/16 all round but open to wider at the back and even the front although need to be careful with arch rub. Possible to roll the front fender.
  • Update braking system. Certainly an upgrade to discs and brakes. Not sure whether to touch master cylinder, slave cylinder, lines etc (hopefully not).
  • I was thinking to add coilovers, lowering the car very slightly. Possibly Gaz Shocks GGA119 adjustable coilovers with a road biased spring.

The next step (or possibly at the same time):-
  • I would like to increase the power of the 3.5. 240-50 BHP perhaps. Not sure what is possible and what the current output is. Likely a fair bit off 210bhp
  • Replace front seats with CSLs!

Originally I was thinking to drop an S54 in it but with the chassis work required particularly to rear subframe and the weight of that unit I don’t think it’s worth it. Plus I don’t want to kill myself!

Clearly some amazing knowledge on here. So great to briefly introduce myself to the community. Cheers!

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So I thought I’d jump in since I actually bought this car on the auction for GBP 23k plus fees. I’m from London but based in Hong Kong so my buddy Ramy (who will join the forum shortly) is looking after it for me. I come back a few times a year.

Indeed the car was owned by ‘the Don’ with a large folder documenting the build. The panels certainly need some alignment which is a bit of a priority given the bonnet doesn’t lock on the latch as it stands.

My thoughts as to what to do to the car are as follows (a bit of a restomod so please forgive me):-

• Munich Legends to give it the once over in the new year as a starting point
  • Fix panel gaps (not sure if best to user ML or for a dedicated panel beater)
  • Fit 16” wheels from http://www.alfagiuliashop.eu/. Tyres I was thinking 205/55/16 all round but open to wider at the back and even the front although need to be careful with arch rub. Possible to roll the front fender.
  • Update braking system. Certainly an upgrade to discs and brakes. Not sure whether to touch master cylinder, slave cylinder, lines etc (hopefully not).
  • I was thinking to add coilovers, lowering the car very slightly. Possibly Gaz Shocks GGA119 adjustable coilovers with a road biased spring.

The next step (or possibly at the same time):-
  • I would like to increase the power of the 3.5. 240-50 BHP perhaps. Not sure what is possible and what the current output is. Likely a fair bit off 210bhp
  • Replace front seats with CSLs!

Originally I was thinking to drop an S54 in it but with the chassis work required particularly to rear subframe and the weight of that unit I don’t think it’s worth it. Plus I don’t want to kill myself!

Clearly some amazing knowledge on here. So great to briefly introduce myself to the community. Cheers!

I think through the BMW car club and Bmw forums , we have heard horror stories of owners taking their pride and joy to Munich Legends and getting their pants pulled down , and charged for work , they never done .

Their business is called Munich legends, but Bmw owners & forum members call them Munich robbers !!! ( without prejudice)

If people want their E9 or any classic car looked after ,
People at the bmw car club and on Bmw
Forums highly recommend Paul Baker custom works .. the guy is a honest business man and he knows E9 cars like the back of his own hand !!!

Merry Xmas everyone!!

Last edited:

Theinkakeeper

Reaction score
Hi all!

So now the car is back from Paul Baker, would be good to organise a London e9 meet-up. @sandhu @Rek @nosmonkey @Michael Kaye let me know if there is interest and we can organise something.

I think @DaveyME9 Dave has put some pics up on a different thread but here are some pics from earlier this week to complete this post.

Have a great weekend
Ramy

Attachments

• 7759695A-3149-4906-A0DB-A21DDD57E448.jpeg
    7759695A-3149-4906-A0DB-A21DDD57E448.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 239
  • C422354E-3391-4383-9661-38BCFB6123E0.jpeg
    C422354E-3391-4383-9661-38BCFB6123E0.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 5981AF48-6708-46EC-9ABE-4775F9A624D8.jpeg
    5981AF48-6708-46EC-9ABE-4775F9A624D8.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 228
  • D030428E-BCC5-4F03-A52F-B50A9EEDA82D.jpeg
    D030428E-BCC5-4F03-A52F-B50A9EEDA82D.jpeg
    316.8 KB · Views: 230
  • E9DDF95D-5A17-45B5-891C-3E4969B017C3.jpeg
    E9DDF95D-5A17-45B5-891C-3E4969B017C3.jpeg
    366.7 KB · Views: 231
  • CF9F0366-1AAC-47AD-B6C4-5108AD478093.jpeg
    CF9F0366-1AAC-47AD-B6C4-5108AD478093.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 217

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all!

So now the car is back from Paul Baker, would be good to organise a London e9 meet-up. @sandhu @Rek @nosmonkey @Michael Kaye let me know if there is interest and we can organise something.

Congrats!

meet up? Sounds good to me. I was thinking about suggesting Greenwich park, as there is a cafe, toilet and plenty of parking. Unfortunately i think it’s still closed to cars (since the lockdown).

Anyone any suggestions where we can meet?

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
We could all meet up at the shark nose event at Ace Cafe, sept 2020
Or
Do our own E9 forum meet at the Ace Cafe before sept or meet at BMW car dealership in Park Royal ,date, month to be agreed by all on here ??

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
We could all meet up at the shark nose event at Ace Cafe, sept 2020
Or
Do our own E9 forum meet at the Ace Cafe before sept or meet at BMW car dealership in Park Royal ,date, month to be agreed by all on here ??

We should definitely do that. But if we want to meet sooner I am happy to. I'm south of London, which I know is not so easy for you Sandhu.

Anyway @Theinkakeeper let us know what you think and where you're coming from.

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you're heading out to the west, Ace cafe, or thereabouts, count me in. Greenwich is probs a bit deeper into the smoke than I'd want to go. Bushy Park?

Congrats on the CS, I love an orange coupe!

Theinkakeeper

Reaction score
Morning all! Yes, I’d love to head to the shark nose event in Sept but was thinking sooner too. Maybe over the coming month or so?
I live in Wimbledon so Bushey Park works well. Happy to head over to Greenwich Park too when it opens up. Richmond Park is still closed to cars. I think the National Trust have opened up some places too.
I’ve also been told about a car garage in Brentford called Duke of London. I think it has a pub and a Pizza operation inside? Might work too?
Let me know,
Ramy

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
Count me in - especially if you're planning on an Ace cafe meet as it is just 2 miles from my garage.

My car is with Paul Baker at the moment, so looking forward to getting out on the road again soon.

Theinkakeeper

Reaction score
An Ace Cafe meet up sounds good and I think the location might suit a few London based e9’ers?. @Christopher I saw your car at Paul Bakers whilst I was picking up mine. Looked great and a lovely colour.