Replacement E9 Windshield - Source?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
as i remember, prosource no longer carries the sekurit glass. but they may be carrying a different brand. you can buy from BMW or W+N, not sure how their glass is fitting these days. as i remember, @m5bb installed the BMW glass from W+N into his coupe with no issues.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
as i remember, prosource no longer carries the sekurit glass. but they may be carrying a different brand. you can buy from BMW or W+N, not sure how their glass is fitting these days. as i remember, @m5bb installed the BMW glass from W+N into his coupe with no issues.
Yes, the glass from W&N fit well, all 8 pieces.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Search Prosource here, not sure if they have any more or are still in business

I bought the 2nd to last e9 windshield from Prosource. Richard sold the last piece shortly thereafter. We paid $100 ea... I’ve asked Richard several times to get back into the business but he said he is just too busy with other family stuff. Too bad. Nice guy.

NightOwl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Don Lawrence. He is a member here and mechanic. He had some windshields earlier this year I think, you might PM him and ask.

KEPetersen

Reaction score
First aid to the rescue: there is a search button in the top right. It opens a wealth of info. often our members here are fast to answer, but do try yourself first. It's usually even faster.
Thanks for the helpful post. Fact is, I tried the search feature for 'SF Don' and came up with:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common.

I then tried the Search Members feature for 'SF Don' and came up with:

The following members could not be found: sf don.

It was for that reason that I asked the OP for a clarification.

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Go to the menu bar, click "Members" then go to the search members box and type in SF and he will pop up, click on him and message him

@sfdon

Thanks for the helpful post. Fact is, I tried the search feature for 'SF Don' and came up with:

The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common.

I then tried the Search Members feature for 'SF Don' and came up with:

The following members could not be found: sf don.

It was for that reason that I asked the OP for a clarification.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Windshield’s are lousy to ship - very risky business. I don’t ship glass
I buy 10 at a time from Walloth and ship by wooden crate to me.
They have good quality glass.
You can try Walloth or the dealer- both around 600-700.00 with all costs
With new seal, shipping and install- looking at 1000.00
Oh whoops

KEPetersen

Reaction score
Hi Don:

Thanks for taking the time to help us! We have a call in to Mygrant Glass and they're checking their warehouses. If I come up empty my next call will be to Walloth - though based on your guidance, I would be concerned about having our windshield shipped from Germany. I'll keep you posted on our search.

Thanks again,

Kim Petersen

Last edited:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Btw, mygrant is a wholesaler. I had to find a glass reseller/shop to buy thru. The mark up was very reasonable because I picked up my glass in person (glass reseller didn’t do anything out the order paperwork).

I used “Glass Seekers”

KEPetersen

Reaction score
Btw, mygrant is a wholesaler. I had to find a glass reseller/shop to buy thru. The mark up was very reasonable because I picked up my glass in person (glass reseller didn’t do anything out the order paperwork).

I used “Glass Seekers”
Ibid! Everything you wrote I experienced this afternoon.

The recommended reseller did nothing but serve as an authorized 'conduit' and everything was very capably (and kindly) handled by one of Mygrant's regional offices. If things work out, we should have our windshield tomorrow! Great company - I'll post more details once everything is a done deal. Thanks for all the help!

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I
Ibid! Everything you wrote I experienced this afternoon.

The recommended reseller did nothing but serve as an authorized 'conduit' and everything was very capably (and kindly) handled by one of Mygrant's regional offices. If things work out, we should have our windshield tomorrow! Great company - I'll post more details once everything is a done deal. Thanks for all the help!
Are you also buying a gasket from them? Looking forward to hearing the details.