Rear Window Seal Installation

IS3FIFTY

Reaction score
OK. Can anyone share what the procedure is to put the rear window seal back on? I'm talking about #4 in the attached image (it's the one that comes in contact with the front window when the door is closed).
I have installed the new rubber on the alu piece but I can't fit the whole thing back on the window. The groove in the alu piece is very tight... Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• RearWindow.jpg
    RearWindow.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 186

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
it will be easy if you do it this way

you have instlled the ubber piece into the alu profile, good.

now you have to take the rubber, that is intended to grasp the glass, out from the alu profile, this is difficult to do alone, you should ask for help, four hands will do better
as i said, you take out only the part of the rubber profile that will embrace the glass, once out, you introduce the rubber channel onto the glass in all its length
this is difficult if you do not have four hands to cover all the length of the glass
and now when all the glass is covered by the rubber, you start intorducing the alu profile from one end top or bottom, and you continue until all is done
and that is all !

it is very straight forward, ...once you know the technic

hope it helps
regards
regards

IS3FIFTY

Reaction score
Always ask the experts

it will be easy if you do it this way

you have instlled the ubber piece into the alu profile, good.

now you have to take the rubber, that is intended to grasp the glass, out from the alu profile, this is difficult to do alone, you should ask for help, four hands will do better
as i said, you take out only the part of the rubber profile that will embrace the glass, once out, you introduce the rubber channel onto the glass in all its length
this is difficult if you do not have four hands to cover all the length of the glass
and now when all the glass is covered by the rubber, you start intorducing the alu profile from one end top or bottom, and you continue until all is done
and that is all !

it is very straight forward, ...once you know the technic

hope it helps
regards
regards
Thanks for the tip! I'll recruit my 8-year old and will try this.

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
I followed the De Q instructions, work a treat.
Thanks, as ever this site came up with the answers.
Regards
Charles