Rear Window Felt

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Need help identifying the correct part and number from either Diagrams 51/36 (#7) or 51/37 (#11). Is it the window guide sold per meter, or the gasket sold as a pair?
Thanks in advance.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
the rear window outer felt part is NLA, it was sold as a unit, i know a source for the closest possible equivalent, it comes in a 2 unit package for LH and RH

the outer rubber is still available from BMW it is sold as a unit

as to the felt i think there is a sort of complete hybrid solution from coupeking, a sort of combined profile but i have no experience on it

when i renewed my rear windows i used an ad-hoc solution that works pretty well, you can follow the thread about it in this section

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks, deQuincey. I examined the diagrams again and it looks like the front window guide (shaped like a U-channel) is the same for the front and rear glass, sold per meter. (Its a bit confusing.) Not sure what you mean by rear window "outer" felt. I'm looking for the felt/rubber U-channel that the glass closes into...

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks, deQuincey. I examined the diagrams again and it looks like the front window guide (shaped like a U-channel) is the same for the front and rear glass, sold per meter. (Its a bit confusing.) Not sure what you mean by rear window "outer" felt. I'm looking for the felt/rubber U-channel that the glass closes into...

sorry, my mistake then, yes, the U channel is he same front and rear,
i bought it form walloh per meter, not sure about bmw dealer
the rear window outer felt that i mentioned, is the part that contacts the glass while you close or open it, it avoids the glass being blocked by the rubber (see photo attached)
regards

here is the link to the thread:
http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11320&page=4

081120073768.jpg

Last edited:

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ah, now I understand! My rubber seems to be in good shape but the felt is starting to pull. Will take a closer look tonight. Thanks.