Rear Springs - CSL

Marc-M

Reaction score
Since the restoration I have been enjoying driving the car. and so far, it’s been faultless apart from the way it sits.

I got a full new set of springs and should be 30mm lower, but the car sits low at the back.
The front is very firm and the back is softer when I put my ass on the wings and give the car a rock.

The car does drive exceptionally well and the ride incredibly well balanced – firm but takes the British pot holes with near ease.

I still have the original rear springs – rusty, and these have a red line painted from the top to the bottom.

The question is – is it a good idea to put on 50-year-old springs? As looking at the pictures of the car before I did the reso they look about right height.

These are the second set of new springs I have got form the supplier as the first ones made the car look like a 4x4 – and it seems they are having difficulty getting the right heights and compressions.

At the mow they have the biggest spacers in …..

pics are before and after...

IMG_6092.JPG

ride heigh.jpg

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I recall Ben at La Jolla years ago telling me "If I count on one hand, the number of OEM springs I have seen that need to be replaced, I would still have 5 fingers"...or something like that. Sadly not the case with newer cars....like our X3.