Rear brake discs

mr bump

Reaction score
Were the rear brake discs on a 74 cs manual vented or solid? And what other car were they fitted on? im having trouble finding new rear discs.:(

61porsche

Reaction score
74 rear rotors

Ventilated on 3.0. Look at the edge; should be slotted. Not as in drilled or sloted on the face. The disk is thicker and therfore the caliper is wider. I know some 2800s with rear discs were solid.

W&N still sells the conversion to widen the caliper.

Shouldn't be a problem finding rotors; it's not here in the states and pretty cheap ($30-50 US) as long as you're not looking for the new slotted / drilled on the face types. They're here on Ebay and the like all the time from vendors.

I could be wrong, but early e-12s, and big sixes used the same from what I remember.

If you need help finding them here, let us know.

mr bump

Reaction score
Great, thank you for that, i took the old ones off and thought it wierd that a ventilated disc on the rear, but now i know. I think i can get hold of a set of E-12s, if not, il drop you a pm for more info. Many thanks 61porsche

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
3.0 are slotted discs all around.
2800 are solid disc in front and drums in the rear.

Drums are becoming an issue to source parts for. On the other hand disc's and 3.0 brake parts should be no issue.