radiator hoses..

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Where is the best resource to buy new hoses at best price? Dealer? NAPA? Other independants like Mesa, etc? I'm in North Carolina. Mine blew out Friday 12 miles from home, but 50 yards from my buddy's upholstery frame shop, home of my Chamonix parts bucket. Did the swap with out problem, but its time to get a few hoses/belts for the trunk....TIA, Dave V.

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
While you may be able to find hoses cheaper than Mesa, they will know what you need. You will probably want to buy new clamps too.

MichaelP

Reaction score
Or, if you want to avoid shipping charges, arm yourself with parts numbers and call into your local BMW parts desk. Most dealers will knock 10 or 20 percent of the price with a BMW_CCA membership number. Here are the hoses, alternator belt and power steering belts. Just don't try to explain what car the parts are for, unless you want to engage them in an Abbott and Costello routine :roll: .

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Re: hoses, etc...

dave v. in nc said:
You mean like explaining that I have a 1976 2002....right? Much thanks guys, Dave V.

I know what you mean. Sometimes when I call the dealer's parts desk - I have to perform some eductation regarding my '73 02 for the fellas there. Usually they appreciate my direction - sometime not so much...

Either way - I'd recomment http://www.autohausaz.com/ for parts. I have used them for both my old BMW's and Mercedes as well as my 'new' E38's.....

Just a thought. Prices are decent... Parts always have been as expected. I probably have 2 or 3 years of using them under my belt now. I also recommend www.importec.com.

Both have served me well in the past.