Race car build

frogisland

Reaction score
This build is taking a long time, I struggle to find time due to work and other projects (on the house) but hope to get on with it in the next couple of months, but in the interim I thought I would share a few photos.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good luck with the project. There are a couple of local guys here making replica racers. One is modeled on the Amon Stuck car and the other modeled on the blue Gitanes racer. Both are exciting projects hoping to be ready by the end of the year.

Apart from the roll cage what chassis strengthening are you doing?

Next week, on my shell, I will be adding a diff reinforcement plate and seam welding this area, gusseting brackets in the engine bay from the chassis rails to the firewall, stitch welding in the usual suspect areas of the body and a few plug welds here and there.

frogisland

Reaction score
Bodykit from Zaprace. Very nice product, collected in person and had a good discussion with Chris Randall, very knowledgeable and has some good products. I also had one of the German bodykits advertised on ebay.de. It was very heavy and although the fit was good the Zaprace one is better (and significantly lighter for racing).

The roof hoop and rear 3-piece spoiler i already had. The latter is rubber tipped but is heavy so may sell on and buy one from Zaprace.

Gazz - pm'd

JP