Progress on my 73 3.0CS...

joshua

Reaction score
Hey guys,
After hanging out at the Auto Kennel this morning and talking with HB Chris, Murray and folks I felt like I should post a few pics of my project. My car, originally Agave/Brown is now in paint and as you can see is being done in Chamonix. I was very impressed with the bodywork done on the car prior to paint, anyone who has been involved with a restoration on one of these cars knows that even the best examples often have hidden rust and repairs to deal with, not to mention the fact that factory bodywork wasn't exactly perfect in the first place.
I can't wait to get the car back to Jeff Tighe to start to see it all come back together! Hopefully we will have a finished car in the next couple of months!

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0908.JPG

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Joshua,

Nice meeting you today, your coupe is going to be amazing once it all comes together. There are many members here who will also be very interested in your choice of motors and other upgrades. Keep us updated on its progress.

Chris

execmalibu

Reaction score
Any chance this is the car at Johns Espositos Porsche shop?

This has to be the car John just painted last week?
It is the car behind my CSi...

Attachments

• CSi Primed.jpg
    CSi Primed.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 241

couttsdesign

Reaction score
auto kennel?

Auto Kennel?? I just checked out their website. Looks like a cool place. So are they restoring your car or just painting it? I like their open door policy....I'll definitely have to swing by sometime to hang out....car looks sweeeet BTW.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Paul Kramer the owners sells Porsches on consignment, no restoration. In the same compound is Jeff Tighe, some of you know him from LJI, a great BMW mechanic, TPMotorsports. Juan Ortiz Interiors also here, superb craftsmanship.

joshua

Reaction score
Yes that is the one. John has done a great job. I can't wait to get it back from him! What color did you end up painting yours?

joshua

Reaction score
Jeff Tighe is doing the restoration/modifications on the car. He is a great mechanic and a wealth of knowledge on BMWs.