prayers for SE TX

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this is one of those times when you want to have a tall garage with a big lift ... to get that coupe out of harms way. best wishes to our friends in the area.

Bwana

Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts, we made it out high (enough by this much) and dry. Wonder if James and Dennis did?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
as i remember, most of the areas of the heights ... at least several blocks either side of heights blvd - north of white oak up to 20th st. is pretty high and well above I-10 and white oak bayou (which flows into buffalo bayou). it tapers down to the east of studewood going toward i-45

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Horrifying scenes on the news. Hope you all are managing OK. Saw a youtube video of an M3 owner trying to get his BMWs high enough to not get submerged, while his house was flooding. Can't seem to load however. Probably just as well. desperation and difficult to watch. Hope anyone there can get through this. Thoughts with you. Mike

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Only going to get worse Im afraid.

Toxic crap in the water. Refineries and chemical plants either spewing pollutants or ready to explode.

12 years later and people still hurting after Katrina. Harvey will put on the hurt for many folks for 20+ years.

Hope people can save the animals/pets too.

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Having lived in Houston and Dallas two times, I know the Texans will overcome! God speed to all of you...

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My prayers are with you.
Too many low areas. I worked in the medical center 1978 - 1981 and know it can get bad but never thought this bad.

autowerks

Site Donor
Reaction score
At least it has stopped raining so that's a great news, I can't help to feel bad for people without flood insurance.