Polaris Euro ‘74 3.0 CS on BaT

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
I ran through the photos and it seems like a really nice car. Lots of records as well.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This is a friend's Coupe. He's the 3rd owner it's very original & meticulously maintained. Yes ,it has a black vinyl interior. Spoke to the owner this past Sunday as we both attended the same Rally.

IMG_0352.jpeg

NFK

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is a friend's Coupe. He's the 3rd owner it's very original & meticulously maintained. Yes ,it has a black vinyl interior. Spoke to the owner this past Sunday as we both attended the same Rally.

View attachment 151003
is it still Lowell Paddock’s car? He was the third owner. Did he take it with him after his time in Germany?

cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score
is it still Lowell Paddock’s car? He was the third owner. Did he take it with him after his time in Germany?
The GM executive? Knowing the jingoism some of his colleagues have against foreign marques, makes sense why he'd want to be anonymous, haha.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
That’s appears to be an extremely nice original coupe with outstanding long time ownership. Black interior looks great under Polaris. I’d prefer a coupe in this condition with a solid history than the Fjord/white one that sold on BAT for $84K (with fees) yesterday. So it should sell for more? I think it will. Strange it has E12 14” alloys but the correct e9 turbine alloy for a spare.
I’ve never seen the rear defogger knob graphics. Much cooler than the “Rear Def” seen on US spec cars.

94E78F6A-C151-4DFC-ABDD-069ADC7AA4B3.jpeg

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Lovely car, but them wheels...ugh. Prefer the stockers.

Pretty bare bones, but CSi's are awesome nonetheless and 74 model years are perhaps the best as it has all the updates of 74s but has the Euro features.

How much do consignors usually take? 10%? That seems like a lot for just taking pictures and providing a small description to BAT.

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Was going to post this, but everyone beat me to it. Kept the car after my stint at Opel and brought it back to the US in 2018. Thanks for the nice comments!
Beautiful car. The BaT description says 170hp. Unless it went down in 1974 a Euro M30 had 180PS, 178bhp as far as I know. You might have that corrected.

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
That’s appears to be an extremely nice original coupe with outstanding long time ownership. Black interior looks great under Polaris. I’d prefer a coupe in this condition with a solid history than the Fjord/white one that sold on BAT for $84K (with fees) yesterday. So it should sell for more? I think it will. Strange it has E12 14” alloys but the correct e9 turbine alloy for a spare.
I’ve never seen the rear defogger knob graphics. Much cooler than the “Rear Def” seen on US spec cars.
Totally agree on this one over the Fjord/white one yesterday. Hopefully it will best that $84k when the auction is done. I have my doubts about my preferences matching those of most BaT bidders though considering certain recent sales.

Lowell Paddock

Site Donor
Reaction score
Beautiful car. The BaT description says 170hp. Unless it went down in 1974 a Euro M30 had 180PS, 178bhp as far as I know. You might have that corrected.
Thanks. I’ll check on that. Appreciate the feedback