polaris 3.0 cs on ebay...should be interesting

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I like the M3 motif door panels, the E36 Vaders , not as much (they are not comfy either).
Does look like an interesting car though.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Love this car

Are you seriously love this car. Not a huge fan of the Polaris color but everything else about it is gorgeous

Bwana

Reaction score
Nice ride. Is this going to be one of our $50,000 cars? I didn't study it but, from the experts out there, anything you see wrong? Whose car is it?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Obviously a lot has been invested in this coupe. Just a few strange details, no hood torsion bar, 73 license plate panel with lights in addition to bumper lights, e24 style tool box, 74 kidney, black headlight doors. If it isn't a Bat and it isn't, why the fender splits and roof hoop? Could be a very nice purchase for someone.

rb1971

Reaction score
Obviously a lot has been invested in this coupe. Just a few strange details, no hood torsion bar, 73 license plate panel with lights in addition to bumper lights, e24 style tool box, 74 kidney, black headlight doors. If it isn't a Bat and it isn't, why the fender splits and roof hoop? Could be a very nice purchase for someone.

Seems like a resto-mod so some choices might make sense once you talk to the seller. For example, I was wondering about the torsion bar as well - it's possible they ran into clearance issues like I did, but looks like an M30. I wouldn't have put the CSL side stripes or fender splits on (although I don't hate them), but I've considered putting the roof hoop and spoiler on my car as well.

I definitely would get rid of those Vaders as soon as possible.

A car done to this degree to detail, assuming that everything else matches the pics, should in my view have no trouble attracting offers in the $50k+ range.

jamesw

Reaction score
It's tturbo's car - posted pix in the CSL photo thread. Really great looking car.

Cheers
James

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would have bought that for $42k

Mine was $21k and I have put in over $7k since then. I would have preferred this car. I think well bought. Agreed?

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looked like a nice CSL recreation. Unless the seller did all/most of the work, it probably cost near the selling price to make it. Personally, I think the seats look out of place. If the new owner cares for an outside opinion... find some Scheels (fixed or reclining, doesn't matter) or something similar and work on matching the power output to the look of the package. And, then enjoy it - until you find something to obsess about, like red screwdrivers.