Plastic grill chrome

mikes

Reaction score
The chrome on the plastic grills on the hood and front fenders of my car is badly cracked and flaking. I got a price from an advertiser in Hemmings S&E of close to $900 to have them redone. That seems a little steep so and looking for suggestions. I see these grills in black but I want to stick with chrome. I'm trying to get all of these lose ends done so I can put the car back together quickly once it finally comes out of the body shop. Thanks

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
$900...ouch! New chromed grill sets (hood/fender) can be bought from BMW and WallothNesch. Surprisingly, the BMW units cost $325 or so while the WN pieces cost around $500.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
They should be available new from BMW Moble Tradition (or whatever it's called now). Check the 'Links' section for suppliers, but Carl Nelson might have them on his shelf.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mobile Tradition has them and they have gone down in price, I recently bought side grilles from them. Ask them to visually check that they are actually right and left side before they ship them to you as BMW shipped them both right sides twice before getting it right.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had a bunch of black ones that I took to a local chrome shop. For about $550. he did all four in a nickel plate that looks deep, rich and exactly like chrome.

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
then there was always the mind-boggling reproduction that vraned did a while back. I seem to recall that he offered to produce some, but I don't know if that ever happened. Personally, would love to have solid aluminum grilles, but cost may be a deterrence here too.

Awesome, even if he only made one set for his own car.

http://www.vranedom.com/fendergrills/fendergrills.html