Picked Up The M3 at Customs Today

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Got the car out of jail today and back to the Racecraft shop. It is spectacular! The photos that were sent to me did not do the car justice. Other than a bit of black soot, and a few hand prints from handling, the car is perfect and ready to race.

We put in some fuel and it fired right up. I even took it for a short spin on the street. With cold tires and a damp street I wasn't going to get too carried away, but it would break loose the rear end VERY easily.

It came with a muffler, per Aussie Group A rules, so I will be able to run it next month at the HMSA Spring Race at Laguna Seca.

M3@Racecraft_1.jpg
IMG_1380.jpg
IMG_1381.jpg

Brungie

Reaction score
Well this is next level cool right there. Not a spec of dust in the engine bay as well. Awaiting videos of this beast.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
well, while true Luis ... its the joy of a new toy of an e9 owner / racer. and, its one of the few great BMW cars after the e9 coupe. still better than almost any other newer BMW ... and this is a gruppe A spec car. true BMW history. okay, i'm a former e30 m3 owner ... and there are several guys on this forum who still own one. just my opinion

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
last i heard was 10k euros . It's a friend , i can always inquire ... it's dry sump , but needs a overhaul ! Was one of the last BMW Motorsport engines in DTM....:)

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hmmmm.. even in today's market that sounds like an okay deal, depending on what is included... CF airbox, header, ECU, ITBs, and so on...

I believe there could be a restriction on importing that engine into the US ? I'm not entirely sure... something to do with having it signed off by a race sanctioning body and can't be installed in a road car... or some other rubbish.

Ed