Petri Sport 400mm Steering Wheel

JohnP_02

Reaction score
Up for sale is a very nice 400mm Petri Sport steering wheel. All the parts on this wheel are 100% original Petri including the proper longer e9 hub and original BMW Petri horn button. The original black plastic hub cover even has the little Petri symbol on it. The only exception is the new but correct screws I installed. I would call this wheel a very nice survivor wheel with some patina. The spokes are straight and rubber is mostly firm, not loose anywhere but “softer” in some spots. It’s a great wheel to use and given the difficulty finding these in nice condition nowadays I think it’s a great example. If you’re looking for concours this is not it, but otherwise a very nice original Petri.

$1100 + shipping

IMG_5067.jpeg
IMG_5068.jpeg
IMG_5069.jpeg
IMG_5065.jpeg
IMG_5066.jpeg
IMG_5070.jpeg

Last edited:

JohnP_02

Reaction score
I am also open to a trade for a nice condition Scheel 100 or 101 and can add some cash on my end for a very nice one!

Thanks! John

JohnP_02

Reaction score
Manual steering, I'd want a bigger wheel like a 40.
I dislike anything larger than 38cm in my 2002's since they are such small cars, although some do like the 40cm for exactly the reason you mention. In the end its all preference, a nice original Petri in any size is getting harder to find than Bigfoot, Sasquatch or a Chupacabra.

Steven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I was a week late on this one (doh!)...in the market for a Petri if anyone is looking to sell!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was a week late on this one (doh!)...in the market for a Petri if anyone is looking to sell!
maybe. if you don't find one in the next couple of weeks, send me a PM ... in the meanwhile i will think about it. not sure that i want to sell my 40cm or not.

Steven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
maybe. if you don't find one in the next couple of weeks, send me a PM ... in the meanwhile i will think about it. not sure that i want to sell my 40cm or not.
Much appreciated, I will take you up on reaching out. Thanks, Scott.