Site Donor $
Reaction score
I second this consul side panels comment

cs-werk.de has non-AC side panels:

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
cs-werk.de has non-AC side panels:

Seems like no one us replicating the original vacuum embossed thread style. Any good upholstery shop can do a basic recover and duplicate those from CS Werk. Not disbaraging their products it's just really difficult copying the thin vinyl, vacumn formed stitching.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Heads up on items…

Alberto is working with me on producing AC version side panels.
I have most of his products in my shop for inspection.

Jeff- let me know if you need the window pieces

Tyson- those seals are in stock at my shop or you can order from Germany.

Jeff- Whats wrong with parking light gaskets from Bts?

Andrew- how about the seals from CsWerke?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I second this consul side panels comment

AC console side panels would be great. The manual console side panels with the correct faux stitching would be fantastic, but perhaps unrealistic.

On a related note. AC side vents with the proper elephant skin texture would be great. The ones I modeled don’t have the texture but certainly fit the bill for your standard car. If they were cast instead of printed they would be perfect.

E8FA0A2F-2DD5-4923-9D48-ECC07F398EEB.jpeg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Where do we stand on the under-carpet foot rest foam. Does Christopher sell them?

Overall, we’ve come a very long way since I got into this hobby (gasp) 7 years ago.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Chris,

Due to the poor quality of some of the reproductions on the market, I am investigating having parts made here in the good ole USA. I’ve gotten some encouraging responses from local govt economic development agencies to help in this initiative to bring back manufacturing onshore.

Since you are a guru of Classic BMWs, my question to you is this: which parts do you think are in dire need of reproduction for the E9 (and other classic BMW you can think of).
electric motor for E9 windows all E9 have problem with it

Maximillian

Reaction score
Wow !! This is all great info !! I'm putting it all into a spreadsheet to see what can be done for the items mentioned.

Here's something that we currently have an opportunity to have reproduced. Any interest in this item from the CS community ?
decorative strips nrs. 1 & 6 in link above and
retaining clips nrs. 2 & 7 in link above
Just please respond here if you would have an interest in these items.

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I assume many more people need 2 & 7 if there is a priority. Tabs are broken on mine.
I believe the 2 versions of #1 are related to year of vehicle.

polaris68

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bumper impact rubber strips (front and rear)

Attachments

• Resized_20220611_105551.jpeg
    Resized_20220611_105551.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 58

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow !! This is all great info !! I'm putting it all into a spreadsheet to see what can be done for the items mentioned.

Here's something that we currently have an opportunity to have reproduced. Any interest in this item from the CS community ?
I need these strips for both my left and right door panels. They were never installed by the previous owner. I assume the retaining clips # 2&7 are used to attach the decorative strips # 1&6. What would be the price for all of the parts? Thanks!, Drew

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score

Wrt to the aluminium strips (1&6); these are hard for any DYI-er to reproduce themselves due to their specific shape + being thin walled. They are also easily dented and scratched being in the kick-the-door-open-with-your-shoe-area. I think there are various lengths making it a tad complex to produce a full set: Front door has three pieces, rear has one. Front door length of one piece is different (I think) when comparing hand crank to electric front window. Also the rear could have different lengths due to some doorpanel having the plastic plug for the emergency window operation, but not sure. Left to right is the same part, just flipped fore-aft.
Interesting option is to make the alu strips as full drawn material, a solid section. then drill M3 holes in from the back. this would offer significant benefits as the different lengths that exist could be simple be made by cutting correct lengths and trimming the ends before anodizing them. then also no need for the metal clip-strips.

The strip shaped clips (2&7) or to attach them to a door panel can be replaced by generic fastners such as these, although they will not hold the strip nicely to the door panel as the original strip does. One might even just copy the originals themselves; these aren't complex to make. Take a thin metal plate, a Dremel, 15 minutes and I'm good for one.
1655797700650.png

On the other hand these clips aren't difficult to make on semi-industrial scale either; they are just a flat stamped or lasercut product. The metal choice should be done careful, as it would be good if the prongs don't snap if they are bent more then one time (fatigue crack like paperclips). The consumer can even bend the tabs themselves, allowing to store and send them as flat packages which has significant logistic benefits.

So business wise; as the alu strips are more complex to DIY them, they'll justify a higher sales price. The retaining clips are good candidates for laser cutting.

Last edited:

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score

Al Prada has made these in the past @alprada70