Original style headliner

pmansson

Reaction score
What is the current situation on the availability of the material?
Somebody markets something which is similar but not identical or what.....?
Thanks,
PM

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
You guys ever try GAHH??. You can Google them. They did the one for my six series and have a nice selection of material. I think they in general do a nicer product than World does.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The original is NLA but you can find a similar pattern (ala 2002?). When I replaced mine I found a used one in Belgium and had it painted after installation.

Chris

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Carl Nelson had and may still have some of the original headliner in stock. Purchased a sunroof 2 piece headliner from him a few years ago for about $600 then. Suggest you contact Carl @ http://www.bimmerdoc.com/ about their availability. Believe there were 2 types of headlining materials used by BMW. One had tiny holes/dimples perforated at a diamond pattern and I believe an earlier version that had the exact perforations/dimples with very faint closely spaced intersecting lines over the entire surface area. The headliner I bought from Carl had the former pattern as mentioned above.

Last edited:

ElRey

Site Donor
Reaction score
Headliners

I have one of Carl's kits (tiny holes-diamond pattern) for a sunroof car that wasn't the same material as the one I took off of my '74 coupe. I'd happily sell it to you for $500 inc. U.S. shipping(note it didn't include material to cover the front molded piece & I paid around $650 for it.) I just got in 4 sunroof-style headliner kits that more closely matched my car and they are available. Please PM me and I'll send you a sample of the material. My kits include all material required and instructions.
Regards,
-ElRey

I'll post some pics tonight.
I also have World Upholstery Kit if anyone's interested
(Yeah, I'm finicky)

Last edited:

audiomagnate

Reaction score
Carl Nelson had and may still have some of the original headliner in stock. Purchased a sunroof 2 piece headliner from him a few years ago for about $600 then. Suggest you contact Carl @ http://www.bimmerdoc.com/ about their availability. Believe there were 2 types of headlining materials used by BMW. One had tiny holes/dimples perforated at a diamond pattern and I believe an earlier version that had the exact perforations/dimples with very faint closely spaced intersecting lines over the entire surface area. The headliner I bought from Carl had the former pattern as mentioned above.

My 67 CS still has the original headliner with the "very faint closely spaced intersecting lines over the entire surface area." I'm guessing nobody is making that pattern. I can't find it at GAHH or World. I would love to get some of that stuff. As the picture shows, there's actually a lot going on in this pattern; random spacing of the lines, tiny dots within the rectangles, lines randomly starting and stopping etc. This pattern was really "designed." Does anyone know when they stopped using it? BTW, Bill at Headliners Express in Florida is working on this. BTW, does anyone know how many yards of material I should order to do the headliner, pillars and sun visors? It comes in 54 inch wide rolls so I'm guessing two yards would do it, but I don't really know.

Attachments

• 67csheadliner.jpg
    67csheadliner.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

ElRey

Site Donor
Reaction score
Headliner Kits are in

My headliner kit pics are in the "Parts" forum. Here are some picture of the different fabrics from La Jolla, World Upholstery and me.

La Jolla
IMG_1252.jpg

World Upholstery
IMG_1253.jpg

My Kit
IMG_1257.jpg

Regards,
ElRey

P

poadb

reply headliner

Hi!

I did a rather extensive search two years ago; could never find a perfect match. Finally, I bought a headliner from http://www.worlduph.com/. In addition, to somewhat different pattern, the zipper (to reach the electric motor for the sunroof) was stitched in a non-original way. After some e-mail exchange the sent me a new headliner with correct fitting of the zipper.

Furthermore, it somewhat difficult to restore the front piece of the headliner (the piece that holds the sun visors). I glued the new headliner material onto the piece.

Finally, you might try - http://www.himmelservice.de/

or

as a Swede - you might also try Alfa Bilkladsel (Kungsholmen) if you wish to make a headliner that they fit; very professional but a result very expensive

Regards,

Per