One-Owner 1973 BMW 3.0CS 4-Speed (NMNA)

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

The ad states one owner and 45k miles, true miles seems to be 145k as the article in picture 194 states the miles as 140k in 2009). The seller is the same as the CSL we have been discussing, and has not posted pictures of any of the trouble spots (as has been asked in his CSL auction).

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
face it no color looks bad on a coupe, unfortunately sahara is one of the least expressive colors on a coupe. the 2002 looked good in sahara ... the bigger e3 and e9, not as much. i had a 73 bavaria in sahara and drove it every day for 10 yrs.

NFK

Site Donor
Reaction score
The ad states one owner and 45k miles, true miles seems to be 145k as the article in picture 194 states the miles as 140k in 2009).
actually the article states that the car reached 140k miles in the mid 90‘s. That’s almost 30 years ago. So it’s more likely that true miles are 245

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don't want to keep on dogpiling on these BaT listings and then be known as 'the bad guy'.
But I just get real tired of the lack of clarity of condition and creative omission on these listings....
Every once in a while - I get a burr up my butt and let the keyboard loose (like what happened on the CSL listing now).
But mostly - I take the mantra that the buyer needs to be on the hook for their lack of due diligence and not rely the voices that pop in from time to time from who knows where on these listings.

On a side note - the Sahara looks like a decent driver...
The discussion on mileage on a 50 year old car (even variations in 100,000 mile increments) really doesn't impact the car too much (IMO).

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was reading through the records on this one, particularly wanted to look at the repair info on the rear-end accident. Both the estimate and receipt list rear quarters but to splice in the rear portion, along with replacing the trunk lid, rear panel, etc. I am kinda interested to know where the splice was made and what that looks like inside the trunk, but it's probably unreasonable to ask the seller to show that given it's covered up with the elephant skin.