OEM mufflers?

CookeD

Reaction score
Hey All, Happy New Year!

Other than W&N, does anyone know if OEM mufflers are available somewhere? Or, does anyone have a secret stash of mufflers they're tired of walking around? Looking for both 5 & 7 per RealOEM (18121107884 and 18121107891, respectively):

1673458494738.png

Thanks in advance for any help!

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Call your nearest BMW dealer parts department, give them the PNs and they'll tell you how many are in the US and/or Germany. Some dealers have inflated MSRPs for parts and you can check that against dealers with an online presence such as getbmwparts.com who post "real" MSRPs.

If in Germany, my dealer typically receives parts within a couple of weeks but used to be much quicker pre-COVID. And, with no shipping charge which is not the case for most other sellers, plus usually 10% off for BMWCCA members.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Call your nearest BMW dealer parts department, give them the PNs and they'll tell you how many are in the US and/or Germany. Some dealers have inflated MSRPs for parts and you can check that against dealers with an online presence such as getbmwparts.com who post "real" MSRPs.

If in Germany, my dealer typically receives parts within a couple of weeks but used to be much quicker pre-COVID. And, with no shipping charge which is not the case for most other sellers, plus usually 10% off for BMWCCA members.
Great advise. I’ll be buying the same parts soon.
I’ve found BMW of Tacoma typicality has great pricing.

PA Dealer is a bit closer to to RI

Good luck

Last edited:

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am one supporter for the sound that the thick steel has in comparison to the stainless, which often is thinner gauge, and can have a somewhat metallic clang to it.

With some effort, the #7 from an E3 can be made to fit an e9; chop off the bends, reconfigure them, and tack them on to check it's routing, then weld around.
Amhik...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
IMHO the engine sounds better without #7, I eliminated it on both my original and W&N stainless versions.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
i bought all the oem parts from south atlanda dealership
there pricing was way below all the rest.
this is where you want to the parts
for sure no kidding